It appears blanks are not allowed in handle?
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Dec. 8, 2017, 4:05 a.m.

I tried registering as Tim New several times with no luck, no feedback, and no response when requesting an email after recieving the message that user/passoword did not match.

Registering as TimNew worked the first time. Am I correct in assuming embedded blanks are not allowed in handle?   Not a huge issue,  but somewhat constraining.  If that's the case,  the rules ought to be stated, or some feedback provided.

Also, in the old format, posts that had been read had the subject line greyed out. Useful, especially in extended threads.  That does notappear to be happening now.

Overall,  I like the new format. seems to work smoothly.  Quite a departure from the old and will take some getting used to,   but it hs a nice look/feel. The password protection solves some issues.  Will multiple handles  for the same email be rejected?

Comments
By TimNew - Dec. 8, 2017, 4:12 a.m.
Like Reply

The edit feature will be  godsend, especially for folks like John Phares <G>.

Have not tried it yet.  One question..    Will there be some indication that a post has been edited? That would help to keep some people honest.

edit test

By JP - Dec. 8, 2017, 8:40 a.m.
Like Reply

"Will there be some indication that a post has been edited?"

Does not appear to be so to this observer.

By JP - Dec. 8, 2017, 8:36 a.m.
Like Reply

"I tried registering as Tim New several times with no luck, no feedback, and no response when requesting an email after recieving the message that user/passoword did not match."

I had the same problems in totality, including no response to an email. See my 12/07/17 comments in the thread linked below regarding blanks (spaces) in the handle (Username).

Also, AFAIKT there is no way to link to a response within a thread, only to the entire thread.

Prior Comments

By admin - Dec. 10, 2017, 4:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you for the feedback! It's an excellent suggestion.   

Added! The title of each comment is now a link, you can use that link to forward to people, it will also scroll the user down and highlight the comment for them.