BitCoin futures
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Dec. 8, 2017, 10:45 a.m.

here is a comment about Bitcoin futures......

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-08/crypto-chaos-bitcoin-price-swings-signal-futures-fiasco-ahead-launch

He mentions intra-day trading limits to reduce extreme volatility

IMHO, these limits don't help much. We've been through that in 1980, when gold crashed. Gold futures had a daily trading limit ($30?) at that time, and futures did indeed stop falling, when prices hit the limit. However, while futures were motionless, the cash market crashed.... traders eventually had to face reality the next day.

Comments
By MarkB - Dec. 8, 2017, 6:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Glen Beck was reporting about the swift rise of bitcoin on thursady morning. Something like $6,000 in less than 4 hours. Sounds like a bubble getting ready to burst. JMHO.

By Lacey - Dec. 8, 2017, 7:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I think Bitcoin is about as close to a Tulip bulb bubble as I have ever seen and will end similarly.

By GunterK - Dec. 9, 2017, 12:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course, I wish I had put a few bucks into this product, when the numbers were still single digits..... but then, just a few days ago, a hacker stole 60 mill from the Bitcoin system. I often wondered, whether the founder of bitcoin, the guy with the japanese name (not his real name, for sure) designed the whole thing so, that at  one time, he could collect everything for himself.

By Beck - Dec. 10, 2017, 4:50 p.m.
Like Reply

6pm open; My guess on the first day the action will be a  mild, short duration pump and dump scenario.  The whale bugs will not capitulate until they are collared by the algos over a several month period. Distribution will then lead to anihilation.  Blockchain tech is useful but btc has no intrinic value.

Let's not forget they are trading blockchain ledger history data; a type of digital memory system.

By quizy - Dec. 10, 2017, 5:28 p.m.
Like Reply

If you haven't already checked it out, watch "Banking on Bitcoin", it goes into some great detail on the beginning of bitcoin and it's search for the founder. Made last year it's already out of date with the crazy year bitcoin has had but it's worth the watch. It's on Netflix now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5033790/

Re: ~18000
0 likes
By Beck - Dec. 10, 2017, 10:29 p.m.
Like Reply

My TDa account symbol /xbt quote.  Looks like the momo algo's are pouncing on assimilation.