sa crops
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Feb. 22, 2018, 1:40 p.m.

Parana is Brazil's second largest soybean growing area. They are 9% harvested v 31% normal pace and 16% double crop corn planted v 48% usual

Comments
Re: sa crops
0 likes
By Jim_M - Feb. 23, 2018, 9:16 a.m.
Like Reply

It's so hard to get excited about delays.  It seems like the drama that leads up to the inevitable conclusion.  It all gets planted anyway.  

The only real crop destruction/reduction that stands out in the last 20 years, and was truly market moving, was a debilitating drought.  

By Jim_M - Feb. 23, 2018, 9:33 a.m.
Like Reply

Just saw bean sales for the week.  ES's continue to grow, no doubt about it.  A good US crop this year and no China buying = bad news for farmers.  

By mcfarm - Feb. 23, 2018, 10:01 a.m.
Like Reply

report from Brazil this morning has severe flooding {think we have been down that road before} and too dry in other areas

By Jim_M - Feb. 23, 2018, 10:10 a.m.
Like Reply

I had heard they got 36 inches of rain in a couple days in some areas.  Build the Ark!  

By mcfarm - Feb. 23, 2018, 10:40 a.m.
Like Reply

yes the ark to haul the new record production out. They are going to have to proove flood damage this time around

By Jim_M - Feb. 23, 2018, 10:55 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree.  We hear about the floods, which are probably happening, but estimates for Brazil keep climbing.  

By mcfarm - Feb. 23, 2018, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Chinese holiday last week by the way {on the poor exports}

By frey_1999 - Feb. 23, 2018, 11:45 a.m.
Like Reply

during their golden week celebration that they found the time to cancel  500,000 tons ?

the fact that they dd not buy does not surprise anybody being on vacation and all

but to cancel while on vacation   makes me wonder

I have been long beans since mid Oct. 

I flopped to short and am adding at this point 

Meal was the leader ( and that made sence )  it is no longer the leader ( at least to the upside )

energy to the upside has been lost 

watching with caution    

By mcfarm - Feb. 23, 2018, 3:04 p.m.
Like Reply

you can do what you want but being short right now is not prudent....stand aside if you please, take profits, whatever but the next bean number to look for is 1053