Tariffs and Consumers (We Taxpayers)
26 responses | 0 likes
Started by Vandenplas - March 2, 2018, 10:05 p.m.

Solar panels, washing machines, all things aluminum and all things steel will cost more.  i bet most of you can name 50 or more items in your household impacted by the price of aluminum alone.  Now think about the steel around the house, etc. There goes your Trump tax break--if you even get one in the first place.  In my neck of the woods it is called either a bait and switch, a ponzi scheme or just a plain old scam.

Go Roy!!!!

Go Tom Price!!!

Go Rob and  Paul and Michael and Rick and Roger and Carter, and  George and Hope and Scaramucci and Shawn, and Reince and Billy and Amarosa, and several other sycophants/crooks. 

By mcfarm - March 3, 2018, 7:03 a.m.
Like Reply

wow. calm down cnner. Nothing, and I mean nothing has happened and may not. But please continue on with your usual

By Vandenplas - March 3, 2018, 8:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Continue your ostrich behavior.

By mcfarm - March 3, 2018, 9:22 a.m.
Like Reply

ostrich behavior? and what do you propose? We all run out and by a washing machine before the huge price increase. I bought my last washing machine about 10 year ago and it runs just fine.

By Vandenplas - March 3, 2018, 9:30 a.m.
Like Reply

What about your diet Coke cans?  Your gutters?  Your pots and pans?  Your paper clips?  Your yard tools and equipment, your car repairs?, and yard and house furnishings and your light fixtures and etc.............how often do you replace your diet soda cans?

Once every 10 years?

Go ostriches!!!!   

By mcfarm - March 3, 2018, 7:03 a.m.
Like Reply

wow. calm down cnner. Nothing, and I mean nothing has happened and may not. But please continue on with your usual

By GunterK - March 3, 2018, 11:06 p.m.
Like Reply

relax, vandy, nothing has happened yet. On the other hand, I do agree.... trade wars have never been good for anyone.

By TimNew - March 4, 2018, 7:15 a.m.
Like Reply

I have nearly convinced myself that Trump is using this as a negotiating tactic.  I hope I am right.

By Vandenplas - March 4, 2018, 8:42 a.m.
Like Reply

When you have convinced yourself, call MetMike for some therapy.  It is free, you know. 

By TimNew - March 4, 2018, 10:43 a.m.
Like Reply

And we have posters who constantly prove that some things are simply indisputable.

By Vandenplas - March 4, 2018, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

A couple of indisputable facts are: Trump is an idiot, and Trump is a bigot.

By TimNew - March 4, 2018, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

What a coincidence,  I was thinking exactly the same thing, but in reference to someone besides Trump.

By joj - March 4, 2018, 3:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Negotiating tactic?  Oh come now!

With chaos in the WH he needed a distraction and it is in his power to order tariffs, so BOOM!

There were numerous other ways to negotiate hard, in a targeted way, with economic adversaries without annoying allies (which he has done since day 1).

The guy is unhinged at best and mentally around the bend at worst.

By mcfarm - March 4, 2018, 4:01 p.m.
Like Reply

bullying, the left new favorite word. they use in just about any discussion and is growing to be their most favorite fall back position. As Trump stated nearly 3 year ago things are going to be different ie America first. Kind of makes sense he got elected

By TimNew - March 4, 2018, 5:07 p.m.
Like Reply

I know you need to believe that.  But let's wait and see how it turns out.

Remember when the Clinton's ordered bombing of an aspirin factory during the Lewinsky scandal?   That's more in line with what you are talking about.  But I am certain you disagree.

By Vandenplas - March 4, 2018, 5:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Why is it you continually use the adolescent strategy that it is ok to do unethical things because others do it????? 

By TimNew - March 5, 2018, 7:37 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL,   why do you constantly use the adolescent strategy of manufacturing the intent of someone and then falsely attributing it.

I used the Clintons as an example to highlight exactly how a politician can and has used their power to create distractions,  something I don't think Trump is doing right now. 

By frey_1999 - March 5, 2018, 4:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump is not smart enough to think of ways to try and use political diversions. This trade war is happening because he needs a win ( being the narcissist he is )  and cares not who or what he hurts in the meantime.  Which is exactly  what I have claimed all along  he is about.  donney dictator first and by a long shot, Ivanka second almost to the point of being incestual(if that is even a word) then the rest of his kids, from there his grandkids, kids spouses, then the Russians because they have the dirt on him, lastly he will put USA interest before most other foreign countries.

but like you said its not political he's not that smart, but it not a negotiating tool ( he not that smart ) its about him thinking he can win something and his fragile ego needs that.        

By TimNew - March 6, 2018, 6:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Do you think you are helping make your case that Trump is not smart while writing a largely incoherent, unintelligible post?

By Vandenplas - March 6, 2018, 10:36 a.m.
Like Reply

frey doesn't have to make a case that Trump isn't smart.  Trump has already made that case himself. 

By TimNew - March 6, 2018, 12:29 p.m.
Like Reply

I find it interesting that the left keeps claiming that Trump is not very smart while he continues to outsmart them.

But then,  you probably don't have to be very smart to do that.

By frey_1999 - March 6, 2018, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

where donny dictator has outsmarted any one.

By TimNew - March 6, 2018, 3:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Other than the election, the judicial appointments, the Tax Bill that most dems called a "catastrophe"? 

By frey_1999 - March 6, 2018, 8:09 p.m.
Like Reply

So lets look --

the election --  who did he outsmart  anybody, he simply gave a lot of people that needed someone to blame for their lot in life,  a group of people to blame.

Judicial appointments --   laughable  his supreme court nominee is a joke but because the republicans owned the congress and stopped the process until after the election they were pretty much forced to vote yes on a halfwit wannabe, so they did. as far as the rest of his lower court nominees they have been nothing short of incompant, he has nominated federal judges that have never not even once tried a case in front of a judge, people that have never made a motion to a court or even did a written argument to a court.  He has simply outsmarted the so called conservatives by giving them jokes to vote for and they have lock stepped and voted these clowns into power.   

So far his tax cut has been a castophia for anybody but the 1% look at what has happened to the USD and the stock market this year, add to that the fact that the economy  seems to have reversed 8 years of upward momentum and looks to be on the verge of contraction, most meaningful measures are stating to show slowdown.

but in trumptard world he has outsmarted everybody.

I will sit in the cheap seats and observe this unfolding trainwreck while the rest of you praise donny dictator   

By TimNew - March 7, 2018, 3:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Right up until 10pm election eve, all those really smart dems were telling us there was no way he'd win. The liberal media gave him a few billion dollars worth of free publicity, even while he told them that they were doing exactly that and he counted on it. Spin it anyway you want,  but there is no one like a leftist for playing the victim card.  It's their entire platform.

His supreme court appointee is one of many judicial appointments.  Did you know there are lots of courts besides the supreme court?  Probably not.  And you calling him a joke don't make it so. Tho I can see where you'd have a problem with a supreme court justice who actually uses the constitution in his judgments.

As far as the tax cut being a "castophia",  I guess that's another one of those really smart words that I don't understand but the tax cut itself, while still too early to tell, looks like it will yield some very positive long term results.  The billions in raises and bonuses so far are just "crumbs", right?  AT least,  that's what that really smart lady from California said...

By JP - March 7, 2018, 8:23 a.m.
Like Reply

"As far as the tax cut being a "castophia",  I guess that's another one of those really smart words that I don't understand." 

I wonder if that makes you look "incompant?"

Or does it, instead, prove your incompants?

By mcfarm - March 7, 2018, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

damn that trump....over 500 steal workers rehired in Illinois