Seems I've lost a TR post....
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Dec. 19, 2017, 1:48 p.m.

Regarding record breaking DOW prices. Any ideas on where it may be?

Comments
By tar - Dec. 19, 2017, 2:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I was wondering how that was trade related. Here is a trade SELL mini s&p 2692 or better.

By silverspiker - Dec. 19, 2017, 4:36 p.m.
Like Reply
By TimNew - Dec. 20, 2017, 4:07 a.m.
Like Reply

No idea who he is, so it's likely not worth it.

I wonder if the definition du jour of TR posts is that they must contain a specific trade?

If that's the case, many of the TR posts currently out there don't meet the definition.

If it's not the case, then the TR definition is being applied arbitrarily and subjectively. In light of the assorted challenges the forum currently faces,  that does not bode well.

I'd say, at the very least,  we need a clear definition of just what constitutes a TR post.

By Vandenplas - Dec. 20, 2017, 6:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Perhaps you could come up with a definition of a TR post and propose it.  

By JP - Dec. 20, 2017, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Well, in consideration of the fact that this thread is liable to suffer the same fate as the one in question, I do recall seeing a response to your original post that the moderator (subsequently) responded to, criticizing said response for being NTR and advising the miscreant that NTR posts in the TR Index would be deleted.

Would it surprise you to learn that the only way to delete an NTR post in a TR thread was to delete the entire thread? 

I have no knowledge that this is so, but if true, it would surely create an unexpected sub-type of the heckler's veto!  

By TimNew - Dec. 20, 2017, 7:50 a.m.
Like Reply

"Would it surprise you to learn that the only way to delete an NTR post in a TR thread was to delete the entire thread?"

Had not considered that, but seems entirely plausible.

By Julie_Hardy_Moderator - Dec. 20, 2017, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

@ Tim, yes that is what happened. Your thread contained a reply that was NTR for sure. I decided to delete it and to my surprise the entire thread was deleted. In my opinion, this is something we need to sort out if possible. It did not show up in beta testing.

I was going to message you privately but seeing as how your concern has generated quite a lot of posts I thought it prudent to address this publicly.

By TimNew - Dec. 20, 2017, 10:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the clarification Julie, and I hope you don't feel as tho I've forced this issue,  but felt a discussion might be best.

Definitely think you need to lobby for a line item veto<G>

By Julie_Hardy_Moderator - Dec. 20, 2017, 12:30 p.m.
Like Reply

No worries, you deserved an explanation.

By Vandenplas - Dec. 20, 2017, 8:20 a.m.
Like Reply

I think my post   was a suggestion given to tim new,  and IS TR.

And, just for your information, I sent an apology to Julie for my mistakenly posting an NTR in the TR room.  

Yours truly, 

Miscreant heckler 

By Julie_Hardy_Moderator - Dec. 20, 2017, 12:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you Vandenplas. As for your position that it was trade-related, I made a call. Your post was very political. The only problem was that it appeared in the wrong room.

Truth be told, I enjoy many of your posts.