Why isn't our username showing up with our posts?
3 responses | 1 like
Started by WxFollower - Dec. 6, 2017, 7:04 p.m.

Hi Julie.

It looks real nice here! Thanks for your efforts. I do have a question: why isn't our username showing up with our posts instead of our real name?

Comments
By JP - Dec. 6, 2017, 7:35 p.m.
Like Reply

I had a hell of a time getting registered. Maybe I was preemptively banned based on my old handle! I see the name "Larry" associated with your post (upper left), but don't see mine as I type a reply to yours. Perhaps it will show up after I post.

It appears to me that the user name you selected does not show up, rather the first and last name you provided. This is ass-backwards from what I would have expected.

Is there a delete post button around here anywhere?

===================================================================================================

Update 12/07/17 (text above was posted on 12/06/17): Usernames are now associated with posts. While yesterday the name "Larry" was associated with the initial post in the thread and my first and last name (rather than my Username) was associated with my reply, the associated names are now clearly Usernames.

My problem in getting through the registration process yesterday was due to trying to use a space in my Username. That prohibition is in the instructions, but indicated only by its absence: "Required. 150 characters or fewer. Letters, digits and @/./+/-/_ only."

Since there was no answer to my question about deleting a post, I guess that deleting all the text using the edit function would suffice, but don't know if that would make the post itself disappear. 

I like the edit function!

By JP - Dec. 10, 2017, 8:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Truth be told, I'm only responding in this thread because it now appears to me that the post at the top of either category (TR / NTR) will always either be the newest "New Topic" post or one of the older "New Topic" posts with the most recent response. That means the order of the posts from "Top to bottom will change based on responses. FWIW, the issue raised in the starting post of this thread has long since been resolved.

As I write this, this topic (Why isn't our username showing up with our posts?) is at the bottom of the NTR list (number 21 of 21). If my hypothesis is correct, this post should temporarily drive it to the top of the list. I could be wrong and  this is the easiest way to find out!

=================================================================================================

An update, moments after posting the text above. I was right! This is a departure from the way the old Market Forum listed "New Topic" posts. I believe I prefer the older forum's "New Topic" FIFO ordering better.