Thoughts about Alex
2 responses | 2 likes
Started by Julie_Hardy_Moderator - Dec. 7, 2017, 1:42 p.m.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Alex in the physical world but, like so many, I felt I knew him. In all the ways that count, I knew him because he shared that part of himself and his humanity with me that demonstrated the attributes of a genuinely good soul.

And while I regret not visiting him when I had both the chance and invitation, I am honored that I can play a role in carrying on his legacy--hopefully, in some way close to what he would have wanted.

Here's to you my good and dear friend! You will be missed but never forgotten and that which you so loved will go on.

Cheers!

Comments
By MarkB - Dec. 8, 2017, 1:15 a.m.
Like Reply

There were often times in the last 22 years, that I wish I had taken the opportunity to meet with him, and several others. But family situations prevented me from doing so. Nonetheless, I admired his tenasiousness and his efforts towards making the MF a place where people could freely express their opinions on trading, and other topics as well.

By mikempt - Dec. 9, 2017, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

I had the privilege of meeting Alex and Kate in person,in Philly,at one of Kates bridge tournaments. Alex was a 

very interesting person to meet in person.Although we only met for a few hours,Alex told me of his world travels.

I was a rebel rouser in the early days of the forum but Alex still extended an invite. What a gentleman! As we get lost in cyber world,the meeting grounded me and made me realize that there is real people behind the keyboard.

I apologized that day to Alex for writing off colour remarks on his web site and promised him to share as much knowledge as I could through my charts.Alex shook my hand and said"its a deal."

My favorite memories of Alex were his stern but witty way with words!