JOLTS Report...Quit rate remains nearly twice the layoff rate.
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Aug. 7, 2018, 11:01 a.m.

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=486200&cust=mam&year=2018&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Workers are showing a lot of confidence in the employment opportunities out there and are quitting at a rate of 2.3% vs. the layoff rate of 1.2%   With 6.662 million current job openings,  I guess they have that option. The labor market continues to tighten and employers are starting to have to work harder to compete for qualified employees.

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 7, 2018, 11:08 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much Tim!

I'd never heard of it being measured and reported like this until you brought it here.

By TimNew - Aug. 7, 2018, 1:10 p.m.
Like Reply

I've been watching it for a while.  I've never seen it look quite like this.  But it indicates what may be one of our biggest economic problem right now.

Employers are scrambling for qualified employees.  The few out there will be very well paid..  But there are too many that are not qualified.   I would suggest we take a serious look at assorted vocational programs and move towards a merit based immigration policy.    If you are getting a diploma in a specialty we need, As Romney said,  we'll pin a green card to your diploma.