Interview with Larry Kudlow
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - Aug. 16, 2018, 10:22 p.m.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/08/16/director-kudlow-drives-home-the-maganomic-message/

Interesting interview.  Touches on several things, including China, Mexico, international money flows, etc.

As I've said repeatedly, our president is a flawed man - but that should not blind us to his abilities.  We most likely would not have fully known how bad the last eight years were if he had not been elected - or if he had allowed himself to be distracted by the hate, and the attacks by our own DOJ & FBI after the election.

There are risks, of course, but the possibilities are beyond anything imagined prior to now.  The potential for some markets that many of us watch could be big.

Comments
By MarkB - Aug. 17, 2018, 12:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Link is broken.

But I agree with what you have said. IMHO. Trump has come to the table like a poker player. He knows he has the cards. And he's playing the others for real. Put up, or shut up. It's also showing in the markets.

By wglassfo - Aug. 17, 2018, 3:58 a.m.
Like Reply

Trump has his finger in many a trade deal

However, as of now, not one has shown any sign of success, let alone any real agreement with anybody or any country

N Korea shows signs of some things happening, but the real issues look as if they will not happen

Iran shows no sign of any agreement and there is stiff push back from that country

China has allowed its currency to devalue. China knows the risk of devaluation, so it is too early to say what they will do

Russia has sold or moved almost all treasury bills off shore

Europe and company is almost effectively the G6 as of now

Turkey has told the IMF they do not want a bail out. Turkey might default and if they do, nobody knows if the domino effect may happen

Turkey seems ready and willing to see what happens. Might be that some banks would fail in the process and Turkey is willing to let somebody else pick up the pieces. Not to mention that Turkey looks to be an ally of Russia. The USA needs Turkey air space and not some Russian air planes telling the USA to leave Turkey air space and not come back. This could end up in a real messy situation

Trump has almost destroyed NATO with bluster and no consideration as to working out a deal, that everybody can live with

Trump has effectively said take my demands, as is, or the USA is gone

Russsia is just sitting in place and laughing at the americians as thy accuse Russia and each other, of meddling in the 2016 election, while everybody that knows anything about such things, knows that Russia has been doing this same thing for many yrs and truth be known the americians have a far worse record of election meddling than Russia or many other countries such as Isreal. Russia could stir up a lot of dirty laundry if they so choose to do so and americian officials know this to be true

So: This is a list of some countries that could cause Trump to lose control of the cards he thought he held, when the flop comes or the final cards are dealt to those who may not know what I mean by the "flop".

And the danger also exists that the world economy and the markets you talk about could go south into a depression, before we fully understood the ramifications of what happens when push back happens

Nobody knows this part of the future, except I think we are seeing push back now.

Something I find as being a bit curious

This entire situation seems to be mostly located in the northern hemisphere

Odd that no southern partners are included, unless one thinks of Venuzuala