John McCain *RIP*
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Aug. 25, 2018, 10:09 p.m.

John McCain, a war hero, patriot, longtime Senator, statesman and presidential candidate, has passed away from brain cancer. May he Rest In Peace. 

Trump had been asked to not attend his funeral. Smart decision after what Trump said about him.

Comments
By JP - Aug. 25, 2018, 11:45 p.m.
Like Reply

It seems rather disingenuous to include a political cheap shot in the announcement of a grave happenstance and wishes of peace for the recently departed.

By WxFollower - Aug. 26, 2018, 2:38 a.m.
Like Reply

jp said:

"It seems rather disingenuous to include a political cheap shot in the announcement of a grave happenstance and wishes of peace for the recently departed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You want to talk about disingenuous? This is disingenuous:

"My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!" from Trump's Twitter. Meghan McCain said she won't ever forgive him for the nasty things he's said about her dad. Good for her!

I've always admired McCain as being someone willing to work with the other side to make progress going back decades.  He put country before party imo. Included in this was his defense of Obama as a good family man in that debate when the questioner said she couldn't trust Obama because, as she put it, he was an Arab. McCain had a lot of class.

Trump? He's about as classless as they come. What he said about McCain was disgusting. There's nothing cheap about saying that. And it isn't so much political. It is about character. I was no Hillary fan. Reagan, who I admire the most any POTUS of my lifetime, was class personified and must be spinning around in his grave about what Trump has said.

By the way, I am no Obama fan, whatsover. I think he contributed greatly to the great divide of this country as well as to the hatred of the police as a whole. My shot as Trump is not based on political issues but rather is based on lack of class.

By joj - Aug. 26, 2018, 6:36 a.m.
Like Reply

I disagreed with him a lot.  I didn't like the way he wanted to respond so easily with military power in foreign lands at every provocation.  But he was one of the very few great men in the corridors of power in Washington DC.  And yes.  A class act.

RIP

By frey_1999 - Aug. 26, 2018, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

McCain was a true class act and what the leader of The Republican party when they were my party he and Bush the elder were the Class acts of a party that once had class and put good of country ahead of self needs.

Sadly that is not the case any longer. 

By mikempt - Aug. 27, 2018, 9:01 a.m.
Like Reply

I thought he was a useless senator,kinda a Big Prick

By silverspiker - Aug. 27, 2018, 2:31 p.m.
Like Reply

GOD  vs.  THE EGO

.... one of these is insanity

---  May McCain Find God Now ... (* personally, I do not care where he ends up*)

By WxFollower - Aug. 27, 2018, 3:25 p.m.
Like Reply

mikempt said: "I thought he was a useless senator,kinda a Big Prick"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing like the humongous prick in the White House. 

By WxFollower - Aug. 27, 2018, 3:27 p.m.
Like Reply

silverspiker,

What in the Wide, Wide, World of Sports are you talking about?

By GunterK - Aug. 27, 2018, 10:06 p.m.
Like Reply

my parents taught me, not to say bad things about a deceased person. If there is something, you didn't like about that person, forget it.... hence the term RIP

There were a few things John McCain did that I didn't like.... but let's forget them. The simple fact is that he devoted his whole life to serving the country. And for that he deserves a "thank you for your service, sir"

On the other hand, people who had serious issues with the deceased person and hated the deceased person, should not give eulogies singing praise to the deceased. This would be hypocrisy. 

here are some of them....

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/obama-supporters-mock-mccain/?source=zh