Sen. John McCain's funeral put Washington's vicious political hypocrisy fully on display
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by JP - Sept. 4, 2018, 12:47 p.m.

Opinion piece in "USA Today" by Glenn Harlan Reynolds, AKA "Instapundit."

Opinion

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 4, 2018, 1:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Terrific article:

"Now that he’s dead, McCain is a Good Republican. But when he was alive, and a threat to other people’s power, he was treated as a racist, a warmonger, and potentially unstable. He was vilified by the press, and by some of the very politicians who were speaking on his behalf."

The left greatly despised McCain and referred to him as "Hitler" in the past. The media vilified him.

But then.................he and Trump started a raging feud and............."the enemy of my enemy" is my friend kicked in.........especially when he voted against Trumps bill to get rid of Obamacare(despite McCain promising to overturn Obamacare when campaigning for re election)

All of a sudden, McCain became a great man.........all because it fit into a narrative that would vilify Trump.

Same thing with Comey.  Only that one if funnier. 

He was an honest fair man when he announced no charges against Hillary.  Then, when he reopened the investigation(for damage control on their botched investigation after the intelligence community thought that Hillary had the election in the bag) he was labelled as all sorts of unkind things and was blamed for causing Hillary/the dems to lose the election.................until Trump fired him..........then, he went from hero, to goat and finally back to hero again..............an honest and objective man doing an outstanding job until Trump fired him to obstruct justice. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_enemy_of_my_enemy_is_my_friend

By TimNew - Sept. 4, 2018, 3:41 p.m.
Like Reply

But we do see the exact same things from the right.     Off hand,  I can't think of any,  but I am sure we have,  right?  Haven't we? 

By carlberky - Sept. 4, 2018, 3:57 p.m.
Like Reply

" Great job, Brownie! "

Tim, you can't think of a few Cabinet members who went from hero to traitor? How about Sessions ? 

By metmike - Sept. 4, 2018, 4:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

Of course there are numerous people in politics that switch their alliance and their previous parties consider them traitors or change their view..........but this is different.

I don't follow half this stuff but maybe you can find me a democrat, that was attacked and vilified for decades by the Republicans, that suddenly came out against Obama and tried to stop Obama's agenda because of his personal feelings and then became a hero for the Republicans............even while that person continued as a democrat?

Or somebody like Comey, that went from hero to goat to hero in less than a year, while still being the same guy?

One good thing about Comey, is that he really let the cat out of the bag with his big mouth and actions(not intentionally), giving us a great glimpse into how the deep state and intelligence community puts their fingers on the scale to influence outcomes based on agenda. 

Admitting that he leaked out confidential information illegally to the press to have a powerful influence on the media coverage and that he was told by Loretta Lynch to not call the investigation into Hillary Clinton an investigation but "a matter". Lots of things like that which must have made the intelligence community cringe. 

Wow!