State of the Union speech
17 responses | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - Jan. 30, 2018, 11 p.m.

I have to admit - I kept wanting the cameras to focus on the Democrats.  I just loved the expressions on their faces.  Schumer, Pelosi, the "always happy" gal from Washington .  .  .  Oh, and Cory Booker didn't disappoint either.

Great entertainment.

Now, if anyone wants to rant about how terrible Donald Trump is - go ahead - but - tell me just what it is that he said tonight that you disagree with.  Don 't even bother with the usual rants about how he offends your delicate snowflake sensibilities.  What did he say tonight that was bad?

Comments
By GunterK - Jan. 31, 2018, 12:39 a.m.
Like Reply

... and according to Wolf's book he is supposed to suffer from dementia.... can't remember what he said a few minutes ago.... repeats himself constantly... is illiterate...

... and he didn't even us a teleprompter?

By TimNew - Jan. 31, 2018, 3:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Even when he was discussing improving infrastructure, something which dems all claim to want, they had those dour expressions. Obviously preprogrammed.  No thought involved..

By cfdr - Jan. 31, 2018, 7:15 a.m.
Like Reply

It's the next morning - and I'm still laughing.

By mojo - Jan. 31, 2018, 8:58 a.m.
Like Reply

I see that the Nazis, KKK, White Nationalists, Fascists and Russians are all giving T Rump rave reviews this morning.

By cfdr - Jan. 31, 2018, 9:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Like I said, I wish that the camera had just focused on the Democrats.  They scowled even when the president said that black unemployment was at a long long time low.  And, I think he said that hispanic unemployment was at a record low.  They hated it!  (VBG)

At least now it is clear what each party stands for:

One breaking news item, however.  The Schiff memo was LEAKED!

By TimNew - Jan. 31, 2018, 9:51 a.m.
Like Reply

That's completely understandable.  Minorities prospering is the worst thing that can happen to the dem party.  Nothing will kill it faster.  No wonder they looked so upset.

By cfdr - Jan. 31, 2018, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes, I normally hate these speeches.  As I said, the only thing that would have made this better is if there was a split screen where the Democrats were in the second window.

Again  -  it's no longer the Democratic Farmer-Labor Party.  I remember when Goldwater and Humphrey used to work together for the good of the nation.  I don't recognize the DFL Party anymore.

By TimNew - Jan. 31, 2018, 10:28 a.m.
Like Reply

As I have said many times, and sincerely believe,  the Dem party has evolved so much since the 60's that even tho they still consider him a hero,  JFK would be booed off the stage by the dems today.  Much of his fiscal policy would earn him the title of "right wing nut".

By cfdr - Jan. 31, 2018, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

https://tinyurl.com/y9tx2spq

And this speech by Bill Clinton - as one commenter said - why haven't the Democrats accused Trump of plagiarizing Clinton on immigration policy?

I've always disliked politicians.  Recently, however, I've grown to hate politicians.  They have screwed up this country so bad that it is hard to believe.  Donald Trump is trying to correct some of this, but he has been fighting so many powerful people who just want him gone so that things can go back to the way they were.

Not that he is perfect .  .  .  (VBG) 

By mojo - Jan. 31, 2018, 10:15 a.m.
Like Reply

Sieg Heil !!

By cfdr - Jan. 31, 2018, 10:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Mojo, I see that recent events have not made you take another look at your side.

It is your side who wants to shut down free speech.

It is your side, Adam Schiff, Cory Booker, who want to bury the corruption in the DOJ and the FBI so that the voters will never see it.

As for Nazis - it is becoming clear that it was your side who colluded with Russia.  It was your side who used the DOJ and the FBI to spy on the other party's candidate, and once he was elected, to try to take down his presidency.

Oh  -  -  what's the use.  You definitely received God's gift to Adam and Eve when they were kicked out of the Garden of Eden. 

By TimNew - Jan. 31, 2018, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

You need to understand the mindset. Any tactics are justified when you are stopping fascist activity/speech.

The trick is all in how you define fascist.

You may think I'm kidding,  but I am truly, seriously not.

By mojo - Jan. 31, 2018, 8:32 p.m.
Like Reply

By cfdr - Jan. 31, 2018, 11:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the laugh.  I enjoy Donald Trump after how the politicians have screwed up our country.

This one, however, is a better one, as it illustrates his personality better than the one you posted:

By cliff-e - Jan. 31, 2018, 2:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump failed to mention agriculture and biofuels such as ethanol and soydiesel. He failed to mention ethanol or soydiesel during his speech to Farm Bureau members as well. He's been a total failure to agriculture and rural America.

By mcfarm - Jan. 31, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

cliff why don't you just retire to Florida full time. Seems if the gov is not running your entire operation from spring til fall you are not happy. And take most of those dems who just had to show their back sides last nite with you