canadians following this guy to battle....don't see it
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Sept. 14, 2018, 11:43 a.m.
Comments
By wglassfo - Sept. 14, 2018, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

In Canada we don't have any means to impeach our leader

I don't know if that is good or bad .I suppose we can watch what happens to your leader and take some interest, on impeachment proceedings.

We do have a way, in parliament, to cause our leader to call an election. This gives the citizens a chance to decide who wins an election and has the power to govern. The process is called a vote of "no confidence" in parliament.  If a majority of members, vote against the current gov't, then an election has to be called. The one time I remember is when Justin Trudeau's father called for a vote of "no confidence". Joe Clark was the leader at the time and failed to count noses of how many of each party were present. Joe lost the vote due to some of his members being absent for the vote

Joe went down in disgrace in the next election and Pierre Trudeau regained the majority gov't

That is as close to impeachment as we have

Many votes of "no confidence" have been called. Most fail, but the opposition may wish to express opposition to some issue that the publicity will garner. We also have votes that are decided ahead of time, not to be deemed as a vote of no confidence. This gives each member the ability to vote his own thoughts regardless to party affiliation. Mostly this is a vote, to bring to attention, that ridings wishes. I think these free votes which do not have a no confidence  attached are very rare, but I have to admit, that is something, I don't follow as many votes with so called members voting for a back home issue and no confidence is not attached are sort of small potatoes, and very local issues only. I asked my MP ,face to face in his office, why parliament did not allow more free votes, but did not get a very good answer. He went off on a tangent which we have all seen when the person does not want to answer the question directly.

By mcfarm - Sept. 15, 2018, 10:40 a.m.
Like Reply

just heard from a farmer friend in Canada. He plainly describes Trudeau as "a dead man walking"....we all know what that means. Question I have Wayne is as Trump is one of first to realize this and now you citizens are, why are you so hard on Trump. He is as usual ahead of the curve.