Boeing to Begin Manufacturing in India
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Oct. 4, 2018, 7:29 p.m.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/10/03/boeing-sending-3k-jobs-to-india-after-profiting-more-than-1b-from-tax-cuts/

" Boeing announced this week that it would be building their second largest manufacturing facility in Bengaluru, India — not the U.S.  That manufacturing plant is expected to generate 3,000 high-paying jobs that could have gone to American workers if the facility was being built in this country.

" Boeing’s decision to outsource manufacturing to India comes after it has profited greatly from President Trump’s administration’s  increasing of Defense Department spending — rewarding the corporation with likely billions in new government contracts — and the  Republican-passed tax cuts.

" Earlier this year, Boeing announced that the GOP tax cuts saved the corporation about $1.1 billion — this after years of already  paying relatively low taxes to begin with at an average federal tax rate of less than ninw percent over ten years.

" At the same time, Boeing has been routinely laying off thousands of American workers every year. Since 2013, Boeing has laid off nearly 13,000 American workers at its U.S.-based manufacturing plants with more than 6,000 layoffs in 2017, alone.

" While the multinational corporation expands its manufacturing in India, the manufacturer’s top five executives are all earning salaries no less than $7 million a year. Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg made close to $17 million in 2017, while Chief Executive Officer Gregory Smith took in roughly $17 million last year as well. "

Comments
By cliff-e - Oct. 4, 2018, 10:49 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm guessing they'll close their plant in South Carolina even thought it's in a union busting "right to work" state. It's also a Party of Trump state that votes Red no matter how much they bleed from it.

By TimNew - Oct. 5, 2018, 4:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Good thing we've been averaging over 30K Mfg jobs created here each month.   

But I guess to get the true picture,  we must stick with anecdotal evidence.

By cfdr - Oct. 5, 2018, 8:54 a.m.
Like Reply

'Rip-roaring hot' jobs market sees private payrolls surge by 230,000, highest since February

That headline was from CNBC.

https://tinyurl.com/yazmgo8p

The total was well ahead of the 185,000 jobs expected by economists surveyed by Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters).

Now they are worrying about it overheating!

Donald Trump has the most obvious personal flaws imaginable, but to deny that he has abilities others do not have is to be willfully blind.

By mojo - Oct. 5, 2018, 10:20 a.m.
Like Reply

"Donald Trump has the most obvious personal flaws imaginable, but to deny that he has abilities others do not have is to be willfully blind."

Trump's talents and obvious personal flaws are similar to Hitler's in many ways.

By TimNew - Oct. 5, 2018, 12:43 p.m.
Like Reply

An unrelated observation..

Carl,  I understand your desire to remain in the dem party.  You think the majority resembles you.  But it appears to me the majority resemble Mojo.