Trump has normalized racism in America
22 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Oct. 15, 2018, 9:08 a.m.

President Trump's divisive and racial rhetoric is becoming the new normal. We can't let that happen to us as a nation.

A year ago, it seemed unfathomable: an American president defiantly defending “very fine people on both sides” of neo-Nazism; an American president suggesting moral equivalency between fighting for racial equality and championing white supremacy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/08/10/white-supremacists-neo-nazis-charlottesville-unite-right-rally-trump-column/935708002/

Comments
By TimNew - Oct. 15, 2018, 10:15 a.m.
Like Reply

If that was what he'd said,  I'd agree with you,  but it's not.

He said there were problems on both sides, referring to the white supremacists and ANTIFA.

The fine people he was referring to were the people who feel that Statues honoring Confederate heroes are offensive and people who feel history should not be re-written.  Both have reasonable views though I disagree with the former.

Of course, as the left has no problem with ANTIFA and a need to misquote Trump whenever possible,  they can't possibly accurately represent the statement.  

By mojo - Oct. 15, 2018, 11:07 a.m.
Like Reply

So sorry to have to clue you in, but Neo-Nazis, fascists & white supremacists are NOT very fine people.

By TimNew - Oct. 15, 2018, 11:38 a.m.
Like Reply

And no one is saying they are.  But I guess in your universe,  people opposed to rewriting history fall into that category.

The funny thing here is that antifa is the opposite side of the same coin, and you think they are just swell.

By GunterK - Oct. 15, 2018, 11:58 a.m.
Like Reply

I am very sure that there are some "fine people" on the Left, who are appalled being accused of glorifying Antifa.

I am very sure that there are some "fine people" on the Right, who are appalled being accused of glorifying KKK and NeoNazis

I am quite sure, that's what Trump meant with his comments. But then, you (and the MSM) wouldn't have anything to write about.

By Lacey - Oct. 15, 2018, 12:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey moho, Obama divided this country like no other, brought race relations back to the 60's. We need a civil war to straighten this out.  Bring it on, you won't last a week.

By joj - Oct. 15, 2018, 6:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly how did Obama cause a decline in race relations?  Other than by being black.

By cfdr - Oct. 15, 2018, 7:55 p.m.
Like Reply

You've got to be kidding!

OK, rather than rely on my memory, I just did a quick search.

CNN.  Oct 5, 2016.  "A majority of Americans say relations between blacks and whites . . . have worsened under President Obama"

NYTimes.  July 14, 2016.  "Race relations are at lowest point in Obama presidency"

The Root.  "How Obama ruined race relations"

NY Post.  Jan 17, 2016.  "How Obama has turned back the clock on race relations"

Daily Wire.  Jan 9, 2017.  "The newly elected President disregarded the facts, kicking off what would be a long 8 years of poisonous rhetoric aimed at law enforcement."  (Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates(

"America’s racial-healer-in-chief Barack Obama responded to the incident, saying “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.” Busy acting as the pillars for Obama’s skewed racial narrative, the media failed to ask why exactly the President’s son would be high, lurking around neighborhoods and beating heads onto pavements.

There are plenty of additional references - if you would only care to look.

By mojo - Oct. 15, 2018, 8:47 p.m.
Like Reply

So, just like joj suggested, Obama caused a decline in race relations because of his blackness.

America has always been a racist country & Obama getting elected just exasperated that racism. 

Obama was just a bit to uppity of a negro for people to swallow.

By cfdr - Oct. 15, 2018, 10:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Mojo, if you opened your eyes - just for a little bit - all you would see would be brown.

By TimNew - Oct. 16, 2018, 3:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Obama came out early and often on the wrong side of nearly every "racial incident" during his admin. Rather than try to quell the fires,  he preferred to stoke them. 

By mojo - Oct. 16, 2018, 8:55 a.m.
Like Reply

"Obama came out early and often on the wrong side of nearly every "racial incident" during his admin. Rather than try to quell the fires,  he preferred to stoke them."

Obama didn't sugar coat or gloss over the racial incidents. Instead, he would just tell it like it really is & has always been & always will be.

White folks didn't like having the reality of racism waved in their faces & pointed out to them. 

By cfdr - Oct. 16, 2018, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

Obama didn't sugar coat or gloss over the racial incidents. Instead, he would just tell it like it really is & has always been & always will be.

White folks didn't like having the reality of racism waved in their faces & pointed out to them. 

I can see where, if your side does get power again, you could be the "Minister of Truth."

Everyone would be forced to repeat your words - or - be sent to "re-education camps."

It's always the Left .  .  .

By TimNew - Oct. 16, 2018, 10:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Remember Obama's positions/stance on the "Hands Up Don't Shoot" debacle? Ya know, where the kid assaulted a store owner and when the cop asked him about it,  the kid tried to grab his gun?  I mean, they invited the mom to the DNC after she and her husband incited a riot.

I guess a cop would have to be pretty racist to shoot a kid just because he was trying to grab his gun.  At least in MOJO's world.

Or how bout when he said the cops acted stupidly when they arrested that professor Gates guy, before even knowing what happened.   Of course, once he realized what an ignorant and stupid statement that was, to his credit, he backed off a little a day or so later.

Lot's more examples,  but these are good and typical ones.

By metmike - Oct. 16, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

"Hands up don't shoot" incident:

Kid?

"At the time of his death, he was 18 years old, 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) tall, and weighed 292 lb (132 kg)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

"Wilson said that an altercation ensued when Brown attacked Wilson in his police vehicle for control of Wilson's gun until it was fired.[4] Brown and Johnson then fled, with Wilson in pursuit of Brown. Wilson stated that Brown stopped and charged him after a short pursuit."

"Although a subsequent FBI investigation found that there was no evidence that Brown had his hands up in surrender or said "don't shoot" before he was shot, protesters believed that he had done so, and used the slogan "Hands up, don't shoot" in protest."

"It found forensic evidence supported the officer's account, that witnesses who corroborated the officer's account were credible, and that witnesses who had incriminated him were not credible, with some admitting they had not directly seen the events"

By metmike - Oct. 16, 2018, 2:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Treyvon Martin incident:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin

cfdr,

I agree strongly  with you on Obama's response being very inflammatory(funny thing is that his comments would be the sort of thing that one would expect Trump to say but when Trump says it, that seems to be just him telling the truth by one side)

However,  I believe that Zimmerman got away with 2nd degree murder of Trayvon. I believe that it was Trayvon yelling for help in the audio recording and without question, Trayvon was not doing anything wrong and Zimmerman was the one pursuing him.......with a gun.

This one went the wrong way IMHO. 

By Lacey - Oct. 16, 2018, 7:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks CFDR. I wouldn't have been able to pull those posts.  Only a couple weeks to see if your blue wave is a figment of your imagination, moho.

By joj - Oct. 16, 2018, 7:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Long before MLK became an American hero, he was accused of being uppity and of being a "trouble maker".

By who?  White racists who have been laid bare by the unfolding of history as being WRONG!

By mcfarm - Oct. 16, 2018, 8:13 p.m.
Like Reply

holy crap joj, just yesterday the well know uppity negro quote was posted for you low information voters...and today you wonder where it originated...give us oxygen

By cfdr - Oct. 16, 2018, 9:51 p.m.
Like Reply

The key to doing a search when it involves anything political is to never use Google.  This is the one I prefer:

https://duckduckgo.com/

Mike - interesting about Martin and Zimmerman.  Curious - could either one be considered a "good guy"?

By TimNew - Oct. 17, 2018, 3:46 a.m.
Like Reply

"Long before MLK became an American hero, he was accused of being uppity and of being a "trouble maker".

By who?  White racists who have been laid bare by the unfolding of history as being WRONG!"

Interestingly enough, these White Racists all pretty much had a "D" prefix.  They've changed their tactics over the years,  but not their beliefs.  MLK would be very unhappy with the dem party and the likes of Sharpton et.al. today. His message is far more aligned with that of the republican party.

By cfdr - Oct. 17, 2018, 7:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Interestingly enough, these While Racists all pretty much had a "D" prefix.  They've changed their tactics over the years,  but not their beliefs.  MLK would be very unhappy with the dem party and the likes of Sharpton et.al. today. His message is far more aligned with that of the republican party.

You hit a very sensitive spot there, Tim.  Because it's true.

Who has the most to gain from keeping blacks poor and uneducated?  Why is the Left so terrified of having someone like Kanye wear a red cap?  The Democrats are, once again, the plantation owners, and they want the blacks voting exactly like they have always voted.  Keep them dependent on government.  Do not allow them to think for themselves.  

It's painfully obvious.

Donald Trump has wanted to provide jobs - and he has delivered jobs.

What do you think MLK would have thought about Maxine Waters??

By TimNew - Oct. 17, 2018, 8:03 a.m.
Like Reply

"What do you think MLK would have thought about Maxine Waters??"

Is this rhetorical, or you do really need an answer?  <G>