It's no longer Democrats vs Republicans
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Oct. 19, 2018, 8:44 a.m.

Its democracy vs fascism and it's staring us right in our face. We are in danger and we must recognize it and call it out. We are at war, a war of ideas. It is a war that over 400,000 Americans fought and died for in the 1940s.
Voter suppression and rigging elections is an act of fascism.
Trying to destroy the free press and replacing it with a government run propaganda press (Fox News) is an act of fascism.
Trying to take over and control the entire justice department, the courts is an act of fascism.
Corporate control is a form of fascism.
The Trump voters are civic and history imbeciles. Most of them do not know history. They do not know how democracy works and they cannot recognize fascism. Some of them know fascism because that's what they want. Most of them are following fascism and don't even know it. It is very dangerous.
What's happening here is happening in countries around the world. It's starting to rhyme with the 1930s.
The 2018, 2020 elections are a fight, a war against fascism. We have to recognize the truth as unbelievable as it is.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211292873 

Comments
By cfdr - Oct. 19, 2018, 9:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Funny it should be you who recognize what is actually taking place.

This post is the best evidence for this type of behavior:

Anyone who would make a post like this is proof positive that minds can get so twisted that a take-over of this country is possible.

By TimNew - Oct. 19, 2018, 9:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Oh what the heck.  I'm gonna have fun with this.

"Its democracy vs fascism and it's staring us right in our face."

A good opening.   In an article that calls it's opposition ignorant, the author clearly states that he believes our country is a democracy.  The founders hated democracy.  We're a republic. 

"We are in danger and we must recognize it and call it out. We are at war, a war of ideas. It is a war that over 400,000 Americans fought and died for in the 1940s."

If the author understood history, he'd understand that 400,000 fought and died for the very principles he goes on to oppose.

"Voter suppression and rigging elections is an act of fascism."

is the author referring to Black Panthers intimidating conservative voters or the recent charges of massive voter fraud in Texas by dems?   I hope he's not referring to actually following predetermined and legally written election laws.  That would be fascist!!

"Trying to destroy the free press and replacing it with a government run propaganda press (Fox News) is an act of fascism."

Can the author direct me to any government sponsored action, direct or indirect, that can be interpreted as an attempt to make Fox News a government run "propaganda press",  or is he just opposed to free air waves that allow opposing opinions?  That would be fascist!! 

"Trying to take over and control the entire justice department, the courts is an act of fascism."

The author needs to elaborate here. How is anyone taking over, controlling the entire justice department? Is he referring to the appointment of constitutional conservatives?  Is the author opposed to the constitution?

"Corporate control is a form of fascism."

Actually, in Fascism, the government controls corporations. Wouldn't you think an Historical Expert would understand that?  

"The Trump voters are civic and history imbeciles. Most of them do not know history. They do not know how democracy works and they cannot recognize fascism. Some of them know fascism because that's what they want. Most of them are following fascism and don't even know it. It is very dangerous."

OK.,  I think I already covered this  :-)

"What's happening here is happening in countries around the world. It's starting to rhyme with the 1930s.
The 2018, 2020 elections are a fight, a war against fascism. We have to recognize the truth as unbelievable as it is."

OK,  I agree with this statement,  but most likely from a very different point of view.

By mojo - Oct. 19, 2018, 8:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Yeah. Ok. Whatever you say, Benito.