So, I've been saying equities have been oversold for the last 1500 points or so..
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Oct. 25, 2018, 11:43 a.m.

So I will recuse myself from the discussion of whether today is a pause or a turning point.

Comments
By tjc - Oct. 25, 2018, 2:52 p.m.
Like Reply

I am going to throw out the potential of a 2-3 day rally (that fails) followed by a strong test of low or more likely a slightly new low (to shake out close stops) that establishes THE weekly low to be followed by a massive rally.

By wglassfo - Oct. 25, 2018, 6:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Has it ever crossed any bodies thoughts that powerful forces want Trump to fail.

Well folks

A stk market crash might fit the bill for a Trump failure

Who knows what might happen, a lot I am sure, but I am sure the risk is too much to own stks.

Trump is already pointing the finger at the Fed

If Trump is worried, I would be worried also if I owned stks.

And you can be sure Trump will not back down on the tariff war

Tariffs are not good for business

By cutworm - Oct. 26, 2018, 7:21 a.m.
Like Reply

No market likes uncertainty. 

By TimNew - Oct. 26, 2018, 7:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Exactly!! What we know is fairly to mostly positive.  What we don't know is scary. 

The 1st estimate for Q3:18 GDP is about to come out and the general opinion is  below 4%. Got beat up with Housing and Durable Goods  A little disappointing unless you consider fairly recent history.  I also fully expect upward revision with what should be some bullish releases later this month and next month. (Inventories, assorted MFG).

Trade war?  Who knows.   Interest rates?  Pretty sure where that is going and looks manageable. Midterms?  Will the outcome allow DC to attempt to undo a lot of positive eco-moves?  Who knows.  Lot's of uncertainty near term and that translates to a scary equities picture.

But,  through my rose colored glasses, I fully expect one heckuva Santa Clause Rally.      

By cfdr - Oct. 26, 2018, 8:38 a.m.
Like Reply

If we assume this is a normal four year cycle low, and if we assume a "normal" correction in what I would call a healthy bull market, by the time this correction is over, all you should be reading and hearing is how this has turned into a real bear market.  That's the job of a healthy correction in a bull market - to change the psychology from bullish to bearish.  I think the chart I posted shows this pretty clearly.

But, if we are in the process of blowing off the top, the correction could be very minor.  I have to think that international money flows are very important here.  Where else in the world can absorb the amounts of money that is looking for any safe haven - or - the least bad safe haven?

By silverspiker - Oct. 26, 2018, 9:42 a.m.
Like Reply

....thank you..... women to the safe haven  

By silverspiker - Oct. 26, 2018, 1:08 p.m.
Like Reply

67-42...... DUDE ....THEY ARE GIVIN THIS STUFF AWAY....

..... HELLO THANKSGIVING SHOPPERS ....AND A MOBILE HOME

QUINTUPLE WITCHING HOUR