Jim..what could make beans go up
23 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Nov. 1, 2018, 10:49 a.m.

how about 21 cents? answer ...a long and productive talk between Trump and China

Comments
By Jim_M - Nov. 1, 2018, 10:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Even the hint of a long and productive talk.  

By Jim_M - Nov. 1, 2018, 10:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Or rumors of a huge acreage shift next year.  

By mcfarm - Nov. 1, 2018, 11:15 a.m.
Like Reply

the rotation just works out that we will be more corn acres next year than beans

By Jim_M - Nov. 1, 2018, 11:18 a.m.
Like Reply

All I will add to this, is that with world stocks where they are and what we have in the US, anything approaching $9 is absurd.  

By mcfarm - Nov. 1, 2018, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

you have read about over reaction to the low or the high?  get china in line and be prepared for an over reaction that we have not seen for a while. maybe I am just a producer but I would not want to be short with Trump and china talking

By mcfarm - Nov. 1, 2018, 11:38 a.m.
Like Reply

an expected 3 week  pull back on the dollar strength would also create some ammo

By mcfarm - Nov. 1, 2018, 11:45 a.m.
Like Reply

30 cents now.....baaaazingo

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2018, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Anybody (else)think Trump released a statement about progress in the tariff/trade war with China to coincide with the elections in 5 days?

By TimNew - Nov. 1, 2018, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Would not be a bad move..  But I am not sure he thinks that way.

*Edit Note: To clarify, Trump is not a political animal, at least not in the traditional sense. 

By Jim_M - Nov. 1, 2018, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm with you Mike.  That doesn't seem out of the question.  

By tjc - Nov. 1, 2018, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

I was inclined to speculate that the 'leak' would come from China and Pres. Trump then fully advocating continued talks.

Either way, as per previous posts, I am very satisfied with today's price action!

By mcfarm - Nov. 1, 2018, 1:39 p.m.
Like Reply

mike. as long as the story is fact I see nothing wrong with releasing good info before the midterms....if its made up like the Kavannugh crap I have a major problem with it

By frey_1999 - Nov. 1, 2018, 2:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Like these right up to election day.

then like most everything else he does reality will sneak out and down goes the Market.

He can't help who he is

btw --  this is helping the stock market as well.

By Jim_M - Nov. 1, 2018, 2:54 p.m.
Like Reply

I wouldn't be surprised to see beans come down about half tomorrow.  

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2018, 10:55 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm not saying that if he did it to boost voting for his side is necessarily a bad thing. 

"Just had a long and very good conversation with President Xi Jinping of China. We talked about many subjects, with a heavy emphasis on Trade. Those discussions are moving along nicely with meetings being scheduled at the G-20 in Argentina. Also had good discussion on North Korea!"

It actually puts pressure on him to follow thru with this and even his biggest critics would agree that this is something good(ok, they could never think that Trump did something good, so put another way.....it's the opposite of what his critics have been criticizing him for).

Would not be surprising if this has been the plan for awhile. 

If, after the elections he  reverts to the hard line, no budging position,  ramp up the additional tariff threats position, then he should be hammered intensely for intentionally misleading his supporters.

Is this Trade Related?

Ask the many traders and markets today that went thru the roof because of this factor!

https://www.agweb.com/article/trump-spoke-with-chinas-xi-on-trade-says-talks-going-nicely/

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2018, 11:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Let's not forget that some believe that China has actually been trying to influence US voters with an unprecedented campaign against Trump ahead of the elections:

China trying to sway U.S. vote, poses threat: officials

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-china/china-trying-to-sway-u-s-vote-poses-threat-officials-idUSKCN1MK1SJ

Without offering evidence, Trump accuses China of interfering in U.S. midterm elections

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/without-evidence-trump-accuses-china-of-interfering-in-us-midterm-elections/2018/09/26/c0069910-c19d-11e8-b338-a3289f6cb742_story.html?utm_term=.ac585793078f

Is this true or just Trump's wild imagination?

ChinaNews

"China Boldly Takes Out Four Page Newspaper Ad in Iowa to Sway Farmers on Trade War"

"One article in the supplement is pointedly titled, "Dispute: Fruit of a president's folly"

By Robert Cameron

https://brandinginasia.com/china-takes-out-newspaper-ad-in-iowa/

"This looks to be the first time that China has targetted a specific demographic with an ad campaign. The country took out similar ad-centric pages focused on trade in a July issue of Roll Call, a publication that covers Congress and the U.S. political scene."

So there is no evidence of China trying to effect the election results or public opinion on Donald Trump????

I think this was a really dumb move by China. How many patriotic Iowans read the 4 page propaganda ad in their beloved home state newspaper paid for by China, slamming their president?

How many, after reading the ad were saying "Go President Xi Jinping!........Go China!"

I'll bet the house that there were many more that felt violated that China had the audacity to buy a 4 page ad trying to manipulate them to favor China over the USA.

It's one thing when the US liberal media bashes Trump but when a foreign country that most US citizens here don't exactly have a special place in their heart for does it..........counterproductive to the dumb Chinese who made the decision to do it. 

Nothing against the Chinese and they are usually extraordinarily smart across the board but not here.

By cliff-e - Nov. 1, 2018, 11:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Crop insurance harvest price is established Nov. 5. Time for a rally?

By mcfarm - Nov. 2, 2018, 7:17 a.m.
Like Reply

lose 1/2 the rally today? does not look like that . another 19 cents last nite 888 on the beans. read somewhere that 906 is a huge number, keep it in mind. 906 hits and closes and you what is next, believe it or not 1060. Those who have shorted for so long better lose some stubbornness if we get 906

By Jim_M - Nov. 2, 2018, 8:19 a.m.
Like Reply

$10 beans?  For about a minute maybe.  You must forget what our ES number is.  You must forget that hogs are dropping dead in China at an alarming rate.

I would sell $10 beans all day long.  

There isn't going to be any deal.  For China to concede to Trump would be to admit wrong doing.  Do you really see China doing that?  China will wait it out until the next Presidential election.  If Trump wins, then maybe they do something.  If Trump loses they try to appeal to the new President.  

By mcfarm - Nov. 2, 2018, 9:53 a.m.
Like Reply

yep Jim you are right. I will sell 10 dollar beans all day long.....its way out there at this point but who said "anything approaching 9 dollars is absurd"....we are now in an absurd market apparently

By metmike - Nov. 2, 2018, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Craig Solberg          22h22 hours ago              

A tough period for corn/soybean harvesting, and a tough period to get winter wheat in the ground

By mcfarm - Nov. 2, 2018, 11:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike, made a parts run yesterday and there are a surprising number of beans in the field.  Double crops were just getting ready and most all of them are still out but a big number of first crops beans also....  by the way double crops around here look great....if they get harvested

By MarkB - Nov. 3, 2018, 2:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Something to consider. China NEEDS the beans. They have a country full of people to support. And they sure aren't ging to get their needs fullfilled by Brazil, or any other SA country.bSo they will have to come back to the US.

The flip side, is that China is a communist country. And they may not really care how much the common folk are affected. The more people who die from starvation, the less they have to support.