new car sales
1 response | 0 likes
Started by bear - Nov. 5, 2018, 10:40 p.m.

https://wolfstreet.com/2018/10/31/autonation-hit-by-double-whammy-of-rising-rates-for-us-and-our-consumers/

down over 5% y-o-y

other economic indicators look very good,  but cars and housing do not look so good.

Comments
By Jim_M - Nov. 6, 2018, 10:32 a.m.
Like Reply

I could be wrong, but I don't think new car sales are down that much across the board.  Car and Truck prices are extremely high anyway.  Some of the tech in cars today is unnecessary.  I have a base 328i and I could do away with half of the electronic stuff on the car and still be happy.  Things I never use or don't work like they are supposed to.  Some gimmicky stuff that I'm sure is very impressive on a demo, but totally unnecessary.  Headlights that move?  An apparatus to push your seat belt to you?  Sensors to tell you have a bulb out?  Sensor to tell you that your brake pads need replaced?  etc etc.  

I was watching a youtube video of a couple guys rebuilding a 2018 mildly wrecked Camaro ZL1.  It has a sensor on the front suspension that gives feedback to the headlights that keep the lights even with the horizon.  Ridiculous.