Using words for Mind Control
1 response | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 5, 2018, 11:39 p.m.

Quite a while back, mojo posted a link to an interesting article (don't have the link anymore) The author of this article claimed that the Trump Administration had slightly changed some words in some official documents, giving the text a slightly different slant. The author then stated that such an act is an “Orwellian” strategy to control the masses.

Since everybody is waiting for the outcome of the election, I thought I’d fill the void, writing about this article.

I have no reason to doubt the correctness of this linked article. However, this kind of stuff has been going on for a long time. I would like to present just 3 examples of how “they” have used words to manipulate the minds of the People….not just subtle changes in wording, but blatant, in-your-face changes!

1. “Illegal Aliens”

For several decades, people who broke through the US borders illegally were called “illegal aliens”… in contrast to legal immigrants (people who went through the trouble of applying for legal entry and being accepted), who were called “resident aliens”, until they became “naturalized citizens”.

Long before Trump started campaigning, “they” (whoever they are) gave the MSM the order to call these people now “undocumented immigrants”.

For heaven’s sake, this is like calling a burglar an “uninvited house guest”. These people broke the law! They are law-breakers just standing there, on US soil.

Obviously, those in government who want massive numbers of people (legally or illegally) coming into the US, wanted to give them an aura of legitimacy.

As time went on, "undocumented immigrant" changed to "immigrant"

This is a great insult to those who obeyed the law and entered the US legally.. and it certainly is a blatant attempt to persuade the People to not pay attention to violations of the Immigration Laws.

2  "Muslim Ban"

This term is not just a slight-of-hand manipulation of reality…. It is an outright lie! There never was a “Muslim Ban”. It only was a travel restriction for people coming from countries with heavy concentrations of ISIS-type terrorists.

Travelers from most other Muslim countries were not restricted… countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Egypt, Senegal, Indonesia, Malaysia,Kuwait, etc etc etc.

Even Minister Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, approved of this travel restriction.

3." Racist"

According to my dictionary, a racist is a person who dislikes, or thinks himself superior to persons of other races.

The new definition of this word is any person who insists that immigrants should use proper legal channels to be admitted to the US, any person who wants the US borders protected and who wants US laws enforced.

In other words, you are a respectable citizen only, if you approve of law breakers.

Again, these word games are blatant attempts to shape the minds of the People

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 6, 2018, 11:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

It's all about using ways to market or sell a belief system, idea, image or other things using whatever tortured twisting and distorting of the meaning of words or other factors is needed.