Gridlock in DC? Start buying :-)
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Nov. 7, 2018, 4:06 a.m.

Two things will happen, or not happen, over the next two years.

Legislation coming out of DC will grind to a halt.  There is absolutely nothing more positive for business than a non-productive DC. Businessmen are great at planning when the rules are not constantly changing.

Dems will have a vocal platform to scare even more Americans away.

Comments
By joj - Nov. 7, 2018, 8:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Still waiting for the free markets to rebuild our rotting infrastructure so America can join the 21st century.  

All sarcasm aside, that would be a proper role for government legislation in my view.  But....

Add to my predictions that it will not happen.  The TV pundits are saying it's a natural for Trump the deal maker to work with Democrats on infrastructure.  Not only would his base back him on it, but it was in his victory speech on election night 2016.

I hope I am wrong about this prediction but DC is broken, and has been so for many years.  The acrimony will get worse.  Particularly with a combative president at the helm.

By TimNew - Nov. 7, 2018, 8:21 a.m.
Like Reply

I guess we should all miss the days when Obama so eagerly reached across the aisle to work with pubs..

Oh wait..  We did. "The republicans can come along for the ride,   but they  gotta sit in back"..

There are dozens of other such "olive branches"...  But can you imagine how much fun we'd have had if a republican had said Obama had to ride in back?  I'm guessing more than a few towns would have been burned to the ground in the ensuing riots.  But of course,   that's different.

By cliff-e - Nov. 7, 2018, 10:35 a.m.
Like Reply

By joj - Nov. 7, 2018, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes Obama is more combative than Trump.  How did I miss that?

By TimNew - Nov. 7, 2018, 10:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Never said that.   But when you said "Particularly with a combative president at the helm." It kinda sounded like you felt this was something new.   I can entertain an argument that Trump is more combative, he certainly lacks Obama's ability to tell people to screw off while making it sound like a compliment.