The "experts" seemed to get this one right.
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Nov. 7, 2018, 9:05 a.m.

With the Democrats defending so many Senate seats in states that Trump won, gaining control  there didn't seem likely. However, the situation may be reverse in 2020, with more Republicans defending seats then Democrats.

Now that the mid-terms are over, will the Republican party finally take over control of their party? If not, then I agree with Tim ... gridlock on the horizon.  The White House continues to be a lie zone.

Comments
By TimNew - Nov. 7, 2018, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

As midterms go, this one was fairly benign.  But it almost sounds as though you feel gridlock is a bad thing..

Unless DC suddenly decided to start eliminating laws and regulations,  which seems profoundly unlikely, at least in my lifetime, I think gridlock is one of the better outcomes.

But I agree with JOJ in that I hope they start using the gas tax exclusively for infrastructure as it was intended.

By mcfarm - Nov. 7, 2018, 2:09 p.m.
Like Reply

the experts did what? which expert predicted the biggest influence was 40 chicken shit repubs retiring instead of fighting. That by far was the biggest influence, well that and starting in 2017  talking this blue wave which turned into a blue tiny pee puddle that scared those repubs

By carlberky - Nov. 8, 2018, 6:40 a.m.
Like Reply

"Unless DC suddenly decided to start eliminating laws and regulations,  which seems profoundly unlikely,
 at least in my lifetime, I think gridlock is one of the better outcomes."

Tim, I guess it depends on the agenda when one party controls both houses. You were pretty pleased the last  two years with executive orders and legislature making massive changes to business regulations.  

My original point was that I was able to guesstimate a lose in the Senate and a takeover in the House, not  because I'm so good, but because I followed some pollsters who did the math.

By TimNew - Nov. 8, 2018, 6:49 a.m.
Like Reply

You mean deregulation and tax cuts?  Is that somehow inconsistent with what I said?