Taxes on trades done in chicago?
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - Nov. 17, 2018, 10:01 a.m.
Comments
By TimNew - Nov. 17, 2018, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

The exodus out of Illinois is accelerating, and the politicians are of the impression that the way to make up for the lost revenue is to raise taxes more.

I wonder how these guys would do in the private sector?

By cfdr - Nov. 17, 2018, 1:54 p.m.
Like Reply

There is a reason why they are politicians and not in the private sector.

Wait until the battle come between the public sector unions and the people who actually produce things.

This makes me think it is starting.

By TimNew - Nov. 17, 2018, 9:23 p.m.
Like Reply

Public sector unions are an Obamanation (actually abomination but you know what I mean<G>).

There is something very wrong with the concept of a group of unskilled/low skilled workers banding together and deciding, through political action/activism/extortion who will decide how they are compensated. Their "Bosses" don't have to show a profit. They just have to keep their jobs and if that means raising taxes,  they have demonstrated that they are more than willing to do so. Sadly,  they have written checks that the people who actually pay the bills can't cash.  But so what, right? They'll be out of office by the time the SHTF. And folks like Bernie will blame all the greedy selfish taxpayers for voting with ballots and their feet for the failure.   We hear much the same from the "Bernies" in Venezuela and other workers paradises.  I keep seeing this image in my head where a cartoonish Bernie leads a multitude of lemmings over the cliff while angrily screaming "We are failing because we have not taxed and regulated the evil filthy rich enough!!!"  

In the private sector,  this causes a business to fail. Note that private sector unions are going the way of the dinosaur.  And union advocates scream that giving a choice to workers is somehow "Anti-union".  Freedom of choice is not the sort of thing that furthers leftist agenda..  

When I was a kid,  you decided to work for the government because you'd have a safe and secure position.  You'd make a little less,  but you'd have great benefits and a decent pension. Now,   you're among the best paid in your cohort group with unbelievable benefits and a golden parachute.

There are reasons that the housing prices are among the highest in the country in the areas surrounding DC , and every reason is wrong.