Trump is almost religious about his campaign promises …
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Nov. 18, 2018, 9:33 a.m.

… except about the one he made to  reveal his tax returns.

Comments
By cfdr - Nov. 18, 2018, 10:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Can you really blame him?  So you really think CNN or MSNBC would give a balanced accounting of what they saw in those returns?

Tell me - why would you ever think it would be a good idea for him to make public his tax returns?

Aesop's fable about the eagle and the arrow is not only perfectly applicable to relations with China, it is also applicable here.

An Eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard the whizz of an Arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of it. Looking down upon the Arrow with which it had been pierced, it found that the shaft of the Arrow had been feathered with one of its own plumes. "Alas!" it cried, as it died,

"We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction."

Carl, you're making these questions way too easy .  .  .  (g)

By metmike - Nov. 18, 2018, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

"Or the one about repealing Obamacare.

Or the one about building the wall, AND MEXICO IS GONNA PAY FOR IT."

Good points. 

This means that Trump should be vilified for successfully accomplishing agenda that he promised(withdrawing from the climate accord is my favorite) and when he is not able to be successful because he is blocked by those that oppose him, especially democrats, he should be vilified for that too.

Should he be commended for doing what was elected to do......very sucessfully?

No!

Should he be commended for attempting to do what he was elected to do?

No!

By carlberky - Nov. 18, 2018, 1:09 p.m.
Like Reply

I will make this promise

If the country is not in a deep. deep recession at the end of the next two years, I will commend him.

By carlberky - Nov. 18, 2018, 1:19 p.m.
Like Reply

"Tell me - why would you ever think it would be a good idea for him to make public his tax returns?"

Because it's the Presidential thing to do. Why does he fear to disclose them???? What is he hiding????

By mcfarm - Nov. 18, 2018, 1:45 p.m.
Like Reply

all those willing to put their tax returns out all over the internet raise their hands???? doubt anybody with a sound mind would think that is a sound idea....ever hear of lois learner, james comey, stryock, page, Mueller avenatti just to mention a few that might have bad intensions

By frey_1999 - Nov. 18, 2018, 4:58 p.m.
Like Reply

You want to act like trump is just another citizen, news flash he decided to run for president  and with that comes a higher level of disclosure. And just the fact that he has an association with a bunch of Russians that were convicted  for money laundering  in itself  he should be required to not asked to turnover his tax returns. 

If he truly cared about this country instead of trying to cover up his illegal business a tions he would have released  his taxes a couple years ago.