Md-term Denial ...
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Nov. 21, 2018, 8 a.m.

The moving finger writes, and having written, moves on.

Comments
By cfdr - Nov. 21, 2018, 9:24 a.m.
Like Reply

Good one.  Makes a person think.

The other one that has been in my mind for many years is -

The dogs will bark, but the caravan moves on.  (Old Persian proverb, from what I remember)

By carlberky - Nov. 21, 2018, 11:24 a.m.
Like Reply

It's ( did I take my Meds ?) drivel time.

If no good deed goes unpunished, does that mean that no bad deed gets punished? If so, that means that performing deeds isn't a good idea for the deed-doer, indeed.  

What ever will be will be. However, that begs the question, "Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortunes, or to take arms against a sea of troubles and, by opposing, end them ? "

That is the question.  

By cfdr - Nov. 21, 2018, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

It's ( did I take my Meds ?) drivel time.

If what you've been posting here is because of forgetting to take your meds, I suggest you try to post more prior to taking your meds!  You had me laughing.

If no good deed goes unpunished, does that mean that no bad deed gets punished?

I don't think the former implies the latter.

But, we probably all have seen evidence of the former - but not "no good deeds."  And, if we watch a news source that actually reports news, we do have ample evidence that many bad deeds do go unpunished.

What ever will be will be.

I keep telling myself that.  I keep trying to look at it as - get the popcorn, the circus is in town.  Don't let it raise my blood pressure.  Don't let it destroy friendships.  It is probably "Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.

By cliff-e - Nov. 21, 2018, 12:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Ya gets what ya pays for. Warts and all.

By TimNew - Nov. 21, 2018, 12:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Your posts are always directly related to Trump.   Is that  how your life is too?  Is Trump your alpha and omega? Does he occupy your every waking hour?   I bet you resent giving him all that rent free space in your mind.  Don't you have something better to do with it?

It's a trend I am seeing from more and more on the left.  Even his most avid  fans don't spend that much time on him.

There must be some sort of label/title for this syndrome..

By GunterK - Nov. 21, 2018, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl and cfdr,

you two are making my head spin.

By carlberky - Nov. 21, 2018, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"Your posts are always directly related to Trump."

Not really, Tim. This thread is a good example. When I post about Trump it's usually in answer to some
"misstatements" about the Left posted by you Cons. 

In NTR, the weather belongs to Mike, and I do post about sports and never miss the Day in History.

Also, believe it or not, I do have a life away from the forum.    

By cfdr - Nov. 21, 2018, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

I would give odds that Tim's post was in response to cliff-e's post and not yours, Carl.

By carlberky - Nov. 21, 2018, 1:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter, take two aspirins, and leave the spinning to Sarah Saunders.  (G)

By TimNew - Nov. 21, 2018, 3:09 p.m.
Like Reply

I would give odds that Tim's post was in response to cliff-e's post and not yours, Carl.

That would make for an excellent bet :-)

By silverspiker - Nov. 21, 2018, 3:19 p.m.
Like Reply

if then, dog rabbit run...

By cliff-e - Nov. 21, 2018, 6:23 p.m.
Like Reply

In this thread Carl now has 12 responses and I have zero replies. I feel amused but not slighted. 

So go right ahead ReTrumplicans...just keep doubling down on your Donny Dictator diatribe and pass the popcorn. ;~)

By carlberky - Nov. 21, 2018, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Hang in there, Cliff. Remember, they were out numbered at the Alamo, too.

Umh, maybe that's not such a good example.  :-)

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2018, 7:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi cliff,

I will try to make an effort to respond more to your posts........including right now, since you seem to be inviting it. 

Though I'm not a republican(independent or libertarian best describes my political affiliation),  I would like to know what you are referring to with regards to "denial of scientific evidence"?

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2018, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

With regards to Carl,

He's the only guy that consistently comments on our "This day in history" page and also has made and commented on more sports threads than everybody else combined.

He is very adept at carrying on conversations on any subject and I can't think of anyone who has been part of the discussion on  more topics........different topics than Carl.....but I know that you were not directing your comment at Carl.