Not required reading ...
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Dec. 1, 2018, 2:32 p.m.

It's hard to stay focused and to keep from a snivel,
 When I read post after post of nothing but drivel.
The left did this and the left would do that,
 Distorted visions from those blind as a bat.

The truth be damned, just come follow me boys
 To the promised land of Conservative joys.
We can make America great again and again.
 It's the thing to do 'cause we're macho men.

Comments
By cfdr - Dec. 1, 2018, 3:43 p.m.
Like Reply

What is most depressing about this microcosm of the country is that there is no point in even discussing events or ideas.  This has become very clear with the discussions we have just had, Carl.  There are extremely important discussions to have today.  We have seen one political party weaponize the DOJ and the FBI for the purpose of making sure the opposition party candidate can never win the last election.  We have seen them, through the FBI, use a salacious never-verified dossier put together by some Russians and passed through a British spy, obtain a surveillance warrant from a secret FISA court that was used to spy on the Trump campaign.

And this is just a small sample of what has been done.  We have seen rampant criminality with no appetite for investigation by the DOJ or the FBI whatsoever.  We see a terrible double standard here in the higher levels of government.

And, half the people, at least, have no idea what has been going on!  The people who watch CNN or MSNBC, or who read rawstory or Huffington Post don't have a clue about what has been taking place in this country, because those outlets refuse to cover these stories.  For a laugh, read from post i just made about what Jeffrey Toobin and Anderson Cooper responded to a guest.  What CNN has been doing is almost unbelievable.

Are these people just incapable of realizing that they have to read or listen to other sources of news?  Or, are they willfully blind?  I suspect the latter.  They do not want to know!  As I watch both MSNBC and Fox News, I am appalled at the apparent intentional lack of reporting of news on the former station.

But, how can there possibly be any discussion when one side does not want to know what is going on?

We're going to crash and burn.  I'm afraid there is no escaping it.

By carlberky - Dec. 1, 2018, 4:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"But, how can there possibly be any discussion when one side does not want to know what is going on?"

EXACTLY ! ……… oh, wait a second. You probably meant my side.

By mcfarm - Dec. 1, 2018, 4:17 p.m.
Like Reply

In your short time here Carl I cannot think of a lib who was given more benefit of the doubt than you. With every caustic left leaning post long time members here and the moderator have said time and time again "carl is different" "you can talk to carl" carl is fair" "carl see things differently than the wacked far left" ....and in the last couple days you have taken it upon your self to disprove over and over and over again how foolish we were to believe the front you have put up. Cfdr in particular has approached you fairly and squarely with logic, fact and yet nothing but Vandy like replies. You have proven your point that a man's reputation can be ruined in a far shorter time than he took to build it....goodbye and I am done with trying with you.

By carlberky - Dec. 1, 2018, 4:26 p.m.
Like Reply

"goodbye and I am done with trying with you."

Promise  ?

By mojo - Dec. 1, 2018, 6 p.m.
Like Reply

By jaguar - Dec. 1, 2018, 6:04 p.m.
Like Reply

McFarm

You seem to be put out by Carl and his "Vandy like" responses.  Please explain.

Thanks.