In death, Bush becomes a yardstick for Rump
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Dec. 3, 2018, 7:49 a.m.

The tributes to former president George H.W. Bush poured in this weekend, each in their own way exposing the pitfalls ahead this week for the Oval Office’s current resident. 

The 41st president was remembered by Barack Obama, the 44th, as “a humble servant.” “Honorable, gracious and decent” were the words Bill Clinton used in praise of his immediate predecessor. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan’s     encomium described Bush as “great in his character, leading with decency and integrity.” 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/‘honorable-gracious-and-decent’-in-death-bush-becomes-a-yardstick-for-president-trump/ar-BBQosT0?ocid=spartandhp

Comments
By silverspiker - Dec. 3, 2018, 8:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Ronald Reagan is Trump's yardstick....

... get more  outraged

By jaguar - Dec. 3, 2018, 8:49 a.m.
Like Reply

George Washington was whose yardschtick?

By cfdr - Dec. 3, 2018, 9:06 a.m.
Like Reply

The 41st president was remembered by Barack Obama, the 44th, as “a humble servant.” “Honorable, gracious and decent” were the words Bill Clinton used in praise of his immediate predecessor. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan’s     encomium described Bush as “great in his character, leading with decency and integrity.”

Yes, the globalists are out in force.

George I was a nice guy.  He was also a brave man, from all reports.  But, I was struggling to survive as a farmer during his term, and it was plain to me that he didn't represent us working people.  He represented the wealthy.  His talk was about a "new world order."  Ross Perot warned us about what would happen due to the "free trade deals" pushed on us.  The people he represented got wealthy - extremely wealthy - and the jobs were shipped overseas.

He was also in office when the Wall came down.  He was in a perfect position to become a partner with Russia.  Instead, this country gloated at Russia's struggles, and the bankers went in an looted it.  This struggle is still going on - Magnitsky Act, Bill Browder .  .  . Instead of having a partner, we are still fighting the wounded bear, who is still dangerous.  A partner against the increasing power of China would have been nice.

But, again, he was a nice guy.  And he reportedly was a brave man.  But  -  who did he really represent?

By mcfarm - Dec. 3, 2018, 10:15 a.m.
Like Reply

the absolute worst part of all this is everybody participating in the big lie. And I refuse. Today's msm lionizing Bush after years nothing but outright hatred for the man, Same as with McCain. If you people on the left are so shallow as not being able to recognize this further attempt to deal with their TDS I pity you

By silverspiker - Dec. 3, 2018, 10:53 a.m.
Like Reply

... Texas savings and loans....  Bush on Jeckyll Island illuminati... my mentors grandfather was there too

By jaguar - Dec. 3, 2018, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

cfdr

Your question was who did George H.W. Bush represent?  That is a great question!

He was our president.  He represented all the people of the USA--unlike our current president. 

By GunterK - Dec. 3, 2018, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

you wrote "...He was our president.  He represented all the people of the USA--unlike our current president." 

Think about this sentence for a while...is it correct?

By kermit - Dec. 4, 2018, 2:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Maybe now the Kennedy files will be released

By jaguar - Dec. 4, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

It is correct in intent and meaning.  If you find fault with it, then spit it out.  Otherwise, carry on.