S&Ps vs Beans
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Dec. 8, 2018, 6:09 a.m.

There has been a lot of focus on the emerging trade war with China (including me).  Bean bulls happily point out that they are doing pretty good, even as the stock market is getting hit.  At first I thought maybe that meant China was going to buy the beans and forge ahead with the trade war in other areas, thereby hurting the stock market but not the beans.  But I offer another explanation here.  

Recently, I noticed gold rallying and recalled that the big bull market in gold that peaked in 2011 coincided not with inflation, but with the decline in interest rates to near zero (ZIRP).  Of late, interest rates are plunging (at the long end) and gold is perking up having rallied to the $1250 area.  Could it be that beans are, at least a little bit, a proxy for gold, and thus holding up well?

Comments
By mcfarm - Dec. 8, 2018, 7:15 a.m.
Like Reply

cannot answer that but I do know beans are in an inversion process and next target is 972,,,no matter what some seem to think of beans they are surprising and strong and I learned long ago the market is always right

By silverspiker - Dec. 8, 2018, 10:10 a.m.
Like Reply

THREAD CORN-JACK

...Divine Order...

I TRUST MY HIGHEST GOOD TO UNFOLD WHEN I AM LONG H-CORN @ 3-80-1/2...

... as I continue to grow spiritually, I begin to move efficiently and gracefully into the next phase of my life. I joyfully step into a new way of being as I trust my highest good to unfold....

... my commitment to my spiritual practice supports my evolution and growth... a natural part of life...

--- A-"MAIZE"

By silverspiker - Dec. 8, 2018, 10:35 a.m.
Like Reply

***********  silverspiker - Dec. 3, 2018, 9:53 a.m.   **********

GUILTY

... yes... that really is Lowell George on slide...

H- MARCH OR DIE CORN DAILY

3-80 BID FOR 1 MILLION

MINE

december 3 daily chart of H-MARCH Corn.... today is December 8....

SUPER - CADA !

By silverspiker - Dec. 3, 2018, 9:53 a.m.

By mcfarm - Dec. 8, 2018, 10:37 a.m.
Like Reply

you have had some entertaining posts spiker but these are some of your best...thanks

By silverspiker - Dec. 8, 2018, 11:10 a.m.
Like Reply

I joyfully step into a new way of being as I trust my highest good to unfold.

By silverspiker - Dec. 8, 2018, 11:13 a.m.
Like Reply

YOU CAN DO IT !