if accurate this is very good news for America
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Dec. 14, 2018, 11:46 a.m.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=822812&mid=7170895#M7170895

also if it is very good news for America you will not find it anywhere on the msms tonite

Comments
By wglassfo - Dec. 14, 2018, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I might have these numbers wrong so correct me if you wish

I think the USA peaked at 3.9% GDP. Then it fell back and current projections are 2% GDP growth, going forward. I got the 2% from a post on the forum so maybe true, maybe not. Everybody has an opinion about the future. I was tempted to post that a further drop of just 1% would put the USA very close to zero, but did not want to ruin the party

The latest numbers I have is 6% GDP for china which may be true and may not be true. Regardless the Chinese think 6% GDP growth is terrible after being used to seeing much higher numbers. The world  sees 2% growth in the same light. Very bad for china

Now we all know that china can not continue to build roads to no where or empty cites, or sell to the USA as much with a tariff in place on certain goods

So lets assume China suffers a further drop in GDP growth of 50%. That is still more than the USA. So china opens up new markets, which takes time with their silk road [which I do not understand] but does show early evidence of working. Then they make infrastructure loans to 3rd world countries but with the caveat that all trade from this investment flows back to china. [I don't understand that part either], but vice president was sufficiently worried that he made a speech and specifically warned countries about accepting such loans, So: if Pence is worried it must be a bit one sided in china's favour. So we have china in a temporary down turn and anxious for a truce. Trump sees a truce as a win. He desperately needs a win. China will likely agree to a truce, let Trump do as many tweets as he wants. However, you can bet china will not give away the store. I am sure china will adjust to Trumps idea of a truce, a man who has a problem honouring or being truthful, and china knows he will not change, is merely buying time to adjust. Once they have all the pieces in place on the chessboard, then you will see who builds and maintains a rising economy, and who ignores Trump . Trump may not even survive 2020 but the USA is different than china. XI is in power for life. Trump has a limited shelf life.

IMHO china should grow much faster than the USA in the coming decade. All they need is a chance to re-group and away they go.

The USA has done a lot of harm with a leader like Trump that the world will eventually learn to live with out the USA. How can the USA grow their GDP with a highly unstable and unpredictable president. The world might learn how to ignore and carry on with out Trump and his tweets. And this last part is not Trumps fault but it will be very hard to grow the USA GDP due to a higher cost of USA produced goods

And where does that leave a razor thin 2% GDP growth rate??

By TimNew - Dec. 14, 2018, 1:02 p.m.
Like Reply

The world has been trying to learn how to live without the USA for over 50 years.  I'm sure they'll figure it out someday. 

By carlberky - Dec. 14, 2018, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

" … you will not find it anywhere on the msms tonite "

Thanks for the alert. I'll look for it on Fox.

By mcfarm - Dec. 14, 2018, 3:30 p.m.
Like Reply