Canada re-thinks 13 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabi
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 17, 2018, 11:26 a.m.

Canada and other countries are re-thinking their commitment to sell heavy vechicles armed with cannon and other military hardware to Saudi Arabia. Canada has an order to sell 13 billion to Saudi Arabi

Saudi Arabi has bought 17% of all military hardware purchases from the previous 50 yrs in the last 3 yrs. Man are they ever wanting the good stuff and in a hurry.

Not only would it cost Canada a penalty of 1 billion to with draw from the arms sale agreement but 13 billion is no small potatoes to Canadian industry, GDP, ripple on effect etc.

Is it worth 13 billion of sales [130 billion on an equal economic scale in the USA] to make the point the murder was unacceptable. The  FBI has concluded Saudi Arabi was responsible for the murder and possible torture. Your congress has condemed Saudi actions

Is this one of those brush fires the USA constantly gets involved

Obviously the WH is propping up a nasty dictator for cheap oil. Canada may disagree with the WH.

We already have hostages in china merely because we accepted a request by USA justice to arrest that Chinese lady, who has an outstanding arrest warrant in the USA. 

So Canada gets beat up, by china, for helping the USA and then Trump throws Canada under the bus with both china and Saudi Arabi

Trump sure is a good guy. I suppose Hitler would seem like a good guy to some people

The number of Trump haters is growing daily, more so, outside the USA, but inside is no picnic either... Do you think maybe if Trump would stop throwing people under the bus. We thought the 1st G-7 was a disaster. Seems Trump is a disaster for most countries. Germany just gave up and gave him the diplomatic finger, by building that gas line from Russia. WH went crazy over that deal.

Does Trump have any real friends if push came to shove. The last two major wars the USA lost, so he needs friends. Today any number of countries could cause a retreat by the USA. Don't believe me. Look at the USS Cole and what happened immediately after. Or more recently, Syria. Assad is a tin pot dictator but who had friends in that little war??

Canada has enough problems with out seeing Trump throw us under the bus

Trump started out like a bull in a china shop. He thought winning was easy. Now the vultures are circling and I think Trump is having second thoughts about who is a friend. He made an enemy with the warmed over NAFTA deal, Germany and the EU are not exactly friends. NATO is a disaster and the member countries are not friends any more. Nobody wans to work on the WH staff, Mueller is a constant threat.. China isn't going so good. The world isn't worried so much about trade with the USA as seen with the silk road. So long as the USA is stupid enough to keep on buying cheap stuff, folks will keep on selling cheap stuff. So: Not much good in the china department

Not good any where. We are joined at the hip with you folks, like it or not, and we have a decision to make.

Get run over by the bus???

Nobody has asked me so I get to sit and watch.

Best part of the whole deal

I know you good folks on the forum are not the bad guys. 

Comments
By carlberky - Dec. 17, 2018, 12:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne, Canada would be foolish to take the moral route. The economic hit would really hurt, and it won't
 prevent President Trump from delightfully filling the order.

By wglassfo - Dec. 17, 2018, 4:42 p.m.
Like Reply

That's about the same conclusion I came to but our idiot Trudeau may disagree.