Looking for trends
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by MarkB - March 2, 2018, 1:50 a.m.

I'm already bullish in the DX. Looking for the treasuries to turn and follow, though they might not.

Corn has been bullish for a couple of months now. But I don't see it holding.

CD collapses on it's own. Bearish this one.

NG has been to volitile to have a trend. So have been trading close to the cuff.

Crude seems to be reversing it's bullish trend. Will keep evaluating this one.

Comments
By joj - March 3, 2018, 10:12 a.m.
Like Reply

I saw you post title "Looking for trends" and immediately thought of the down trend in the US$.  When I opened your post and saw that you were bullish the US$ I was taken aback.  It has been in a nice downtrend since Trump was elected.  Why do you see that reversing now?

By mcfarm - March 3, 2018, 11:53 a.m.
Like Reply

corn bullish for 2 months? it has only gained 20 cents in this latest run of argy dry weather and brazil floods while beans have jumped a dollar. Are you too late the party? I do not know but it appears now that another round may come with the latest forecast for argy of more of the same for atleast 2 more weeks

By MarkB - March 3, 2018, 1:23 p.m.
Like Reply

The weekly chart still shows a downtrend. But the daily chart shows a double bottom, and a return above the 20dma and holding. It may end up being a minor correction. Until it shows a consolidation on the upside, I will tend to trade it long for a bit.