Another border wall thought
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 21, 2018, 10:52 p.m.

Not to pick on the farmers too much, but just had a thought

Farmers are getting 12 billion for last markets due to lost markets and tariffs.  Okay, most people can sort of understand that concept

Except where in the heck did that 12 billion come from?? I know it is just paper but  [aw forget that part]

.Was that 12 bbillion already in the USDA budget. I don't think so. So: Trump just wipped up a 12 billion payment to the farmers. That is a heck of a lot more than Trump wants for his wall. If there is no problem with the farmers 12 billion, then what is the problem with the border wall. Are the farmers more deserving than border security?? 12 billion--5 billion hmmm

Jeeepers: does this make any sense to anybody.

Can anybody explain what the problem is??? 12 billion seems easy enough to find

Comments
By mcfarm - Dec. 22, 2018, 7:03 a.m.
Like Reply

Wayne, Trump get high marks in fly over country for getting shit done. So much so I will bet farmers would give that payment back to build the wall. I for one would gladly give mine up and end these ag programs and let snap, food stamps and all the other programs attached to ag stand on their own. The politicians in dc have refused the wall for one reason,,,,it works.

By carlberky - Dec. 22, 2018, 8:53 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.agweb.com/article/us-farmers-to-get-billions-in-aid-by-september-perdue-says/

U.S. President Donald Trump announced the subsidy this week (late July) as he sought to ease anxiety among farmers ...

The U.S. soybean harvest is from September to November. Money for the payments will be tapped from programs already authorized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Perdue said. The subsidies would be for the 2018 crop season only 

By wglassfo - Dec. 22, 2018, 8:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Tks Carl I guess that clears up the question

McFarm

With so many questions about deferred soybean payments put into 2019 income I think you would be correct

Tks guys

By frey_1999 - Dec. 22, 2018, 9:41 a.m.
Like Reply

There is a go fund me page so now go fund the wall. Simply take the money you got from the government and send it to the build the wall site.

I will wait for you to post the receipt 

By wglassfo - Dec. 22, 2018, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

#GoFUndMeWall

Now that is where the rubber meets the road

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2018, 10:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Wow!

So now taxpayers have to use their own money to fund projects that the government won't? That's not how it works. We pay taxes so that our elected officials can use it to make smart decisions, in the best interest of the American people..............yeah, I know that's a stretch at times.

However, that money is definitively not intended to be used as hostage by one sides political battles to block the other sides good ideas/agenda.........which clearly deserve the funding based on what's best for our country.

How Are Federal Taxes Spent?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/general/how-are-federal-taxes-spent/L6kinGuUt

The three biggest categories of expenditures are:

• Major health programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid
  • Social security
  • Defense and security

"Defense and security typically constitutes a significant portion of government expenditures, although the amounts change annually along with the rest of the budget.

Defense and security spending is considered a discretionary portion of the federal budget. Spending in this category includes Department of Defense and Homeland Security Agency expenses.

For the fiscal 2014 budget, defense spending equaled $620.6 billion, or approximately 18 percent of the federal budget."

By frey_1999 - Dec. 22, 2018, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

But my bet is it was .

If so you need to read post and understand them