The Wall
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:13 a.m.

What do you think the chances are 5 billion gets spent on a wall

Comments
Re: The Wall
0 likes
By carlberky - Dec. 23, 2018, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

IMHO, the money will probably be diverted from another program and our petulant President will get his bragging rights

By mcfarm - Dec. 23, 2018, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

notice how libs frame most every topic that deals with the President's objectives...this one happens to be another once important objective......boarder protection. And what does he get, called names {I will not repeat the juvenile response} by those who do not know certain facts such as.....a couple years ago the idiots including schummer and Pelosi were ready to spend 25 billion. Wouldn't it be great if libs just occasionally were honest in debating what is going to happen to our country.

0 likes
By wglassfo - Dec. 23, 2018, 8:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi Carl

I'm not so sure it is legal in your country to divert funds from one dept to another. Something about congress approval and/or oversight

I really don't know your laws all that well but you might find that idea a bit difficult

Especially when the head honcho of a Dept. is not going to volunteer the fact he has funds not spent, as of yet, as he might be on the chopping block for cut backs next yr.

Lot of stuff I don't know about your laws and congress oversight so I could be wrong, but I have an idea that idea would have legal/congressional/in house [who knows] problems and won't work..

By frey_1999 - Dec. 23, 2018, 9:27 a.m.
Like Reply

So let's see if you can do that first,  

Trump did not request the 5 billion for border security,  he demanded it to build a wall and do you know how we know this?

Once you can answer this question you will then understand  the true trump

By mcfarm - Dec. 23, 2018, 11:31 a.m.
Like Reply

holy crap you libs are thicker than usual this morning. If the previous President can send billions to Iran to kill Americans than why in the world can this President  not spend anything on boarder security?????

Just asking and I am sure you all will run and respond directly to this question and not wonder into the weeds with sillyness

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:02 p.m.
Like Reply

"Trump did not request the 5 billion for border security,  he demanded it to build a wall and do you know how we know this?

Once you can answer this question you will then understand  the true trump"

frey,

I already busted you on that position on another thread. Border security WANTS THE WALL! I am getting very frustrated with these absurd posts suggesting that Trump wants this wall for personal reasons and not because it will make America safer:  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/20227/

Head Of Border Patrol Union Weighs In On Trump's Wall Plans

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/26/511745401/head-of-border-patrol-union-on-trumps-wall-plans

"The U.S. Border Patrol agents' union backed Donald Trump's candidacy."

Let's get 2 facts straight:

1. Border security wants the wall

2. It will make America safer

This is the latest bash Trump by making stuff up issue(that you guys think are facts)................. You are causing me alot of extra work(still haven't received a dime) when I have to constantly correct your false info on Trump.

Its great to keep discussing the wall and be very much against the wall but the 2 facts above are irrufutable. 

I have been extraordinary liberal in allowing almost anything to be posted here to allow all sides to be told. This appears to have been a mistake with regards to Trump issues as SOME people have turned it into a free pass to make things up with impunity and others to cut and past nonsense from sites with zero credibility........excessively.

mojo,

As previously warned(and not acted on in some time), I am going to have to delete a couple of your more absurd and hateful Trump posts. If you are unable to tell whats acceptable or not(bringing religion into it or accusations of pedaphilia clearly were not) then you will need to take a time out to think about it. 

Like in the real world, there is an irrational, positive feedback coming from the hate Trump cult, complements of the cult leading brainwashers, where you get this stuff from. The more hatred you witness, the more hatred you express. This is not good for America or any one of you that are filling your hearts with more hatred every day.

It's also not good for MarketForum. We are not the "hate Trump forum"

One of the objectives that I have here, since there is no money, is to provide useful, interesting and respectful, sometimes intelligent dialogue between people. Especially from different belief systems/people. I want to spread a message of love and understanding. 

I consider almost everybody here my friend, so nothing personal and that includes just as many  from both sides of the isle. 

However, I am thoughtfully reconsidering the threshold for tolerance for some of the more absurd stuff............all related to Trump. 

My son is in ICU in Denver CO right now. My wife and I may be leaving to be with him for the coming week.

If I drop out, it will be because of that, not because of the discussion above. 

However, it's times like this, when you appreciate those that you love the most,  is when you might question other realms of your involvement, that seem to be spreading hate.........not love. 

By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Prayers for the young man in Denver....

Merry Christmas

P.S.  ... patience, tolerance and understasnding = Peace, Love and Joy

By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Joy

THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH. I AM GOD’S JOY!

Charles Fillmore’s The Revealing Word tells us that joy is the happiness of God, expressed through humankind. Because I am God’s living expression, joy is my birthright, part of my nature. It goes on to remind us that gladness gives us strength, primarily when we focus on spiritual things.

I am an open channel of God’s love and joy when family and friends gather. This is a time of joy and love, of caring and compassion, of opening my mind and heart, my very soul to the Divine.

Joy is a divinely inspired attitude I take with me, into every experience of my life. I share my attitude with everyone I meet as the divine happiness in me recognizes itself in them. I gratefully affirm: The joy of the Lord is my strength. I am God’s joy!

=======================================================

The joy of the Lord is your strength.—Nehemiah 8:10

0 likes
By wglassfo - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump campaigned on a promise to build a wall and Mexico would pay for it. Well: Trump has given up on the idea of Mexico pays. This sets up a bit of a clusterf--- for Trump 

The words "crooked Hillary" will go down in the history books. The election is history. As a result of a campaign promise, the wall has become the current problem Today Trump is being given kudos, if he keeps his campaign promises, vilified by Anne Coulter and others if he falters. Today and most all of his days as president,  Trump is like the lion , constantly surrounded by a pack of hyenas, nipping and attacking, no matter which way he turns, Can Trump survive the daily attacks??? and find the funds for a wall. I think so but I would not bet the farm on it. 

..Is it possible we could see a  crisis of the people against the swamp. Perhaps not yellow jackets but voices of protest. If I was Trump that is how I would frame the picture. The people vs the swamp in the thoughts of the people, with the peace and security of a wall as the back drop in the people's thoughts.. Trump needs the wall but he also needs a diversion to attract attention while still fighting for the wall. The swamp is the perfect diversion to avoid Mueller and attention of the media of a WH in chaos.

Remember, I am a foreign observer. You are the people that should voice an opinion.

By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

ARMY

CORPS

of

ENGINEERS

By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

corpses