Special Message
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:05 p.m.

Re: Being honest with yourself must come first            

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:02 p.m.            

"Trump did not request the 5 billion for border security,  he demanded it to build a wall and do you know how we know this?

Once you can answer this question you will then understand  the true trump"

frey,

I already busted you on that position on another thread. Border security WANTS THE WALL! I am getting very frustrated with these absurd posts suggesting that Trump wants this wall for personal reasons and not because it will make America safer:  

Head Of Border Patrol Union Weighs In On Trump's Wall Plans

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/26/511745401/head-of-border-patrol-union-on-trumps-wall-plans

"The U.S. Border Patrol agents' union backed Donald Trump's candidacy."

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/20227/

Let's get 2 facts straight:

1. Border security wants the wall

2. It will make America safer

This is the latest bash Trump by making stuff up issue(that you guys think are facts)................. You are causing me alot of extra work(still haven't received a dime) when I have to constantly correct your false info on Trump.

Its great to keep discussing the wall and be very much against the wall but the 2 facts above are irrufutable. 

I have been extraordinary liberal in allowing almost anything to be posted here to allow all sides to be told. This appears to have been a mistake with regards to Trump issues as SOME people have turned it into a free pass to make things up with impunity and others to cut and past nonsense from sites with zero credibility........excessively.

mojo,

As previously warned(and not acted on in some time), I am going to have to delete a couple of your more absurd and hateful Trump posts. If you are unable to tell whats acceptable or not(bringing religion into it or accusations of pedaphilia clearly were not) then you will need to take a time out to think about it. 

Like in the real world, there is an irrational, positive feedback coming from the hate Trump cult, complements of the cult leading brainwashers, where you get this stuff from. The more hatred you witness, the more hatred you express. This is not good for America or any one of you that are filling your hearts with more hatred every day.

It's also not good for MarketForum. We are not the "hate Trump forum"

One of the objectives that I have here, since there is no money, is to provide useful, interesting and respectful, sometimes intelligent dialogue between people. Especially from different belief systems/people. I want to spread a message of love and understanding. 

I consider almost everybody here my friend, so nothing personal and that includes just as many  from both sides of the isle. 

However, I am thoughtfully reconsidering the threshold for tolerance for some of the more absurd stuff............all related to Trump. 

My son is in ICU in Denver CO right now. My wife and I may be leaving to be with him for the coming week.

If I drop out, it will be because of that, not because of the discussion above. 

However, it's times like this, when you appreciate those that you love the most,  is when you might question other realms of your involvement, that seem to be spreading hate.........not love. 

Comments
By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Joy

THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH. I AM GOD’S JOY!

Charles Fillmore’s The Revealing Word tells us that joy is the happiness of God, expressed through humankind. Because I am God’s living expression, joy is my birthright, part of my nature. It goes on to remind us that gladness gives us strength, primarily when we focus on spiritual things.

I am an open channel of God’s love and joy when family and friends gather. This is a time of joy and love, of caring and compassion, of opening my mind and heart, my very soul to the Divine.

Joy is a divinely inspired attitude I take with me, into every experience of my life. I share my attitude with everyone I meet as the divine happiness in me recognizes itself in them. I gratefully affirm: The joy of the Lord is my strength. I am God’s joy!

=======================================================

The joy of the Lord is your strength.—Nehemiah 8:10

By pj - Dec. 23, 2018, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Best of luck to your son for  a speedy recovery.

By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 1:07 p.m.
Like Reply

health precedes prosperity  

H2O (*silver*)

By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

By silverspiker - Dec. 23, 2018, 1:46 p.m.
Like Reply

... and when you can... "SHOOT TO KILL"

By carlberky - Dec. 23, 2018, 2:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike, I say this with all due respect for your thankless job ... but you have, and certainly are entitled to, your own point of view regarding Trump bashing. I urge you to consider very carefully the perception of what you may have in mind.

Hoping you have good news to share with us on your return from your visit to your son.

By WxFollower - Dec. 23, 2018, 3:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

I'm hoping the best for your son. I do believe in the power of prayer.

By TimNew - Dec. 23, 2018, 4:42 p.m.
Like Reply

I hope all goes well with your son.  I agree with WX on the power of prayer, and you have ours.   I will also add to Carl's message that as inane as some of the Trump bashing has become,  I prefer to reply to and establish the inanity of it than to ban it.  Leave the "Hate Speech ban" approach to the left.  The forum needs a 1st amendment as well.

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2018, 8:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much!

Our son is in ICU at the Denver Health Hospital.  Deb and I will be there with our 28 year old son, Mac for several days at least............maybe for over a week. 

I will not have as much opportunity to post, probably not cut/paste type posts at all.

This is perfectly fine for your average forum moderator............which has not been me as you've witnessed. I believe that this has brought MarketForum back from being completely dead earlier this year.

We've shown slow but gradual growth. Compared to late March/April, we have more posts in a day then we did in a week back then. 

There have been many hundreds of quality posts about many topics over the last few months. I am proud of most of you for contributing. 

MarketForum does not have to be exactly what I want it to be and  I have probably gotten too involved and too tolerant of some stuff. I had some complaints via contact moderator at the start, when I made it clear that I was going to allow almost everything that did not disrespect other posters.

Recently, I have tried to view our forum like somebody new would see us. Over the past few weeks, I have noticed a great deal more posts started to bash Trump or condemn Trump, some just cut and pasted nonsense and a couple that were offensive. 

This is fine if we are trying to recruit more people that hate Trump with mindless, unsubstantiated  garbage. I very much like legit criticism of Trump...........please, never hold back on legit stuff. Never, because there is plenty. 

However, there is a difference between the two and I take responsibility for letting the stuff that I'm complaining about for exceeding what I think is acceptable.

Part of the current frustration is to see the people in leadership/power positions and the closely followed media, social and professional focusing more and more on a divisive, hateful message that spills into MarketForum. This includes the manner in which Trump frequently communicates. 

This is off the charts bad historically for our country going back to the Civil War and because it continues to get worse, not better, I fear for our future.

Our son being in ICU probably resulted in my tolerance threshold lowering enough to send this message. 

Thanks much for your prayers for him and our family!

Love,

metmike

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2018, 8:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Special message-December 23 -Trading Forum  

Started by metmike - Dec. 23, 2018, 8:29 p.m.            

Deb and I will be in Denver CO this coming week. Our 28 year old son Mac is in ICU at Denver Health Hospital and we will be there until he recovers. 

Please continue to post, communicate and visit as usual but without as much influence from me. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/20355/

By JP - Dec. 23, 2018, 9:52 p.m.
Like Reply

My prayers for your son, Mike.   

By GunterK - Dec. 24, 2018, 9:52 a.m.
Like Reply

I wish your son a speedy recovery

By GunterK - Dec. 24, 2018, 9:52 a.m.
Like Reply

By GunterK - Dec. 24, 2018, 9:54 a.m.
Like Reply

By frey_1999 - Dec. 25, 2018, 10:58 a.m.
Like Reply

I understand you believe that one person supporting a wall means everybody must then support the wall but that does not make it a fact.

I hope your son gets better and as your waiting perhaps you can take some time to read some opinions that differ.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2018/03/22/report-border-patrol-agents-rarely-requested-wall/

I think were your article and this differ is if asked do you want a wall and will it help they answer YES

if asked is a wall the best use of funds and the highest need on the border they ( the men on the front lines not a union guy who does nothing but sit in an office 300 miles from the border) they have very different answers.

here is another interesting read for you 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/06/25/there-is-no-crisis-at-the-border-and-dhs-stats-prove-it/#376c2933112a

There was a survey that I can not pull up again that mirrored the first story on the what the border patrol workers believed worked best on border security.  out of 10 things offered to rate as the best solutions borde wall ranked 8th ahead of military personnel and doing nothing but well behind Air support ( hiring more agents that are pilots ), drones, cameras, More border agents in general, technology, tunnel sensing robots, and fencing.

Most everybody that studies these issues no believes that there are more illegals in this country that have over stayed their visa's then crossed illegally.  but it seems that nobody is to worried about them can you guess why?

lastly don't you find it funny that chain migration has dropped totally of the face of the earth as one of the Issues that trump rails against?  kind of funny how that works.