Senator Rand Paul on Syria
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Dec. 24, 2018, 2:34 p.m.

Senator Rand Paul‏Verified account @RandPaul

I’m going to start out with a grievance against the entire foreign policy establishment of Washington DC, who 2 years ago were swearing that Donald Trump was going to start multiple nuclear wars or something.

Now they are mad because he is STOPPING two wars.  How about you just admit you hate the President, love war and have been wrong for the last 20 years on every part of foreign policy? 

Comments
By mikempt - Dec. 24, 2018, 3:20 p.m.
Like Reply

The wars in the Middle east are purely insane!! I was in both wars. let the average American take a tour of Walter reed hospital,hear the stories; I guarantee they wont sent their child there.

Its been 15 years,time to move on!!! 

By wglassfo - Dec. 25, 2018, 2:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Just an observer here mikempt but I agree with you

I have been doing a lot of reading about all 3 places and have come to the conclusion we do not belong in any of those 3 countries

I know Canada did not join the USA in Iraq but am not sure if we still in afghanastan and/or Syria

Our country tends to be very low profile about foreign adventures

Once we learned our mistake in afghanastan and Iraq we should have been gone albeit, Bin Ladin did give us a reason until he was killed. We will never complete any kind of mission in those countries. Just more cannon fodder.

I would think more than 1/2 of the country wants our troops home

The liberal media and other like minds keep us involved which is wrong in my book

By carlberky - Dec. 25, 2018, 9:20 a.m.
Like Reply

For some reason I recall something silly that I heard as a teenager when Roosevelt was President (the second one):

"I hate war. Elenor hates war. I hate Elenor."

By GunterK - Jan. 21, 2019, 12:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Every year, the US spends 500+ Billions on military engagements around the globe. 

But... 5 billion dollars for a good fence on the border, to protect the country from law-breaking intruders... no way.

reading my own post, I realize I have my values all mixed up. .. fences are immoral, wars are moral. Sorry Ms.Pelosi