When the USA sneeses
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 25, 2018, 1:35 p.m.

The world catches a cold

In the past a very true statement. I wonder how long this phrases will be true.  5-10 yrs   50  100    zero??  longer??? Much closer to zero, I think, and maybe zero today..

When the USA has a slow down in consumer spending, china exports to the USA will be affected. No question about that. It will happen. But will it be enough to cause China or maybe russia to catch a cold. Russia has already been sanctioned to the point there is very little left to be done. And yet Russia is spending huge amounts on their military. I don't hear any complaints from the Russian population. Their life is not like our life, but good enough compared to what they have known in the past. Putin still has the confidence of his people. So what more can go wrong with the economy in Russia?? Oil trade between Russia and china will continue. Trade along the ancient silk road and russia will continue. Trade between Brazil and china will continue. Trade between Russia and Germany will continue. These are a few examples. The world will continue to trade. The only thing that will be affected is traffic in a Wall Mart store. And that slow down will be the caused by too much USA consumer debt. Will Wall Mart buying and sales affect the world???

Yes:  Some affect is true but how much. I think the world has changed.

So:  how many yrs ago??? was that phrase coined??Is it still true??? Will the world catch a cold??

Now as for Canada, we will catch pneumonia

Comments
By mcfarm - Dec. 26, 2018, 7:08 a.m.
Like Reply

dear wayne, there are many different reasons the world is dependent on US. Its economy for sure, military for sure, and guess what? Just last month 2 of the countries that have caused us substantial problems at our boarders received aid to the tune of BILLIONS....BILLIONS......I think the American people agree with Trump, its time to take care of ourselves and our problems

By GunterK - Dec. 26, 2018, 10:05 a.m.
Like Reply

US pledges 10 billion in aid to Mexico and Central America

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-pledges-more-than-10b-in-aid-for-central-america-southern-mexico-so-migrants-can-stay-put

this aid is supposedly intended to increase employment opportunities in these countries, among other things. Yet, the caravan members have already verified that they don't want to work.... they want that US welfare check.

why not make it 5 billion, and use the other 5 for building the wall.