More problems in US Stocks Things look like their in trouble before the start of the last week of trading in 2018
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Dec. 25, 2018, 11:39 p.m.

Ill be interesting to see how the traders perceive the early morning news. 

Should be quite week. But I doubt it will turn out that way 

Comments
By MarkB - Dec. 26, 2018, 2:28 a.m.
Like Reply

There are so many things affecting the stock market these days. Without mentioning the individual aspects (individual companies), there are several companies taking a hit due to consumer based considerations. Like, who can afford to spend the money on a new iphone every 6 months? And the price is outrageous! MIght as well be a diabetic.

Trump trade policies. I mention this because it IS a consideration among stock traders, as well as the affect on the commodity markets. I agree with the balancing of trade. I also agree with the prevention of intelectual property theft. Something that the Chinese have openly been doing in the last decade.

And lastly, the FED. Throughout the Obama administration, the feds made the effort to keep interest rates low. Even contemplating less than 0%. Presumably for the purpose  of keeping the economy alive. And yet, they have raised rates since Trump was elected, to restrict growth. One might argue, for political reasons. Don't want the peons getting too uppity, now would we.

By cliff-e - Dec. 26, 2018, 7:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Time to reign in the "irrational exuberance" of Rump's fake economy?