December 28 - This Date in History
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Dec. 28, 2018, 9:38 p.m.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_28

Pick a good one … or a bad one … or  something that is personal.

Comments
By carlberky - Dec. 28, 2018, 9:57 p.m.
Like Reply

1958 – "Greatest Game Ever Played": Baltimore Colts defeat the New York Giants in the first ever National Football League sudden death overtime game at New York's Yankee Stadium.

" It marked the beginning of the NFL's popularity surge, and eventual rise to the top of the United States sports market. A major  reason was that the game was televised across the nation by NBC. Baltimore receiver Raymond Berry recorded 12 receptions for 178 yards and a touchdown. His 12 receptions set a championship record that stood for 55 years. "

By metmike - Dec. 29, 2018, 12:41 a.m.
Like Reply

1912 – The first municipally owned streetcars take to the streets in San Francisco.

carl,

Whenever I read about streetcars, I think of the story about Brooklyn "trolley car" Dodgers that you told me about. 

Thank you very much for doing these posts.

Mac is getting a bit better each day. Maybe he can get out early next week.........then come home with us for weeks of recovery. 

By carlberky - Dec. 29, 2018, 5:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike, looking forward to when you and Mac are home and you are comfortable with doing the History days again.  

By metmike - Dec. 29, 2018, 6:05 p.m.
Like Reply

I can't do cut and paste from the ICU where Deb and I spend the entire day but have a laptop at the hotel) and was pleasantly shocked to see this day in history up earlier this week as a gift from my good friend Carl B.

I'm especially glad that you are a liberal/democrat Carl.

It shows that our kinship is based on something much more powerful than politics.

Others here and elsewhere take note!