The 'doomsday' scenario:
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Jan. 10, 2019, 3:59 p.m.
Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 10, 2019, 4:06 p.m.
Like Reply

if cnn stays out of it what is more likely is that the  US citizen realizes more and more the big gov is not missed much

By wglassfo - Jan. 10, 2019, 5:10 p.m.
Like Reply

I don't understand it

In Canada we don't have food stamps, housing asisstance, any of that free stuff

An elderly couple of two will receive approx. 24,000,000 old age pension and another 100-600 per person CCP [I think that is what is] depending on what you paid into your private fund  during your working career

I think the average income may be 25,000-30,000/couple at retirement age and reduced to 15,000-20,000 if single Some may have Co pensions, but you had to work and the Co. had to make matching payments [most times] into your CCP

If you don't work, life is tough when you get older, but we know that and adjust

Move to Ohio and buy a 100,000 house that you sold in a higher income place for 500,000

I just can not wrap my head around all this free stuff.

We pay 300/acre land rent on 190 bu/ corn ground with crop insurance that only works if you farm 200 acres or less

No gov't farm cheques in the mal box

No 12 billion soybean payment

We are making changes to adapt to low profits.

We just get used to it and make do

By Lacey - Jan. 10, 2019, 5:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly Wayne, America or at least the Dems are all about free stuff. We have been running deficits for so long most people think you can just add another 0 to the total number since we just print the number anyway.  Maybe it doesn't matter as the whole world is financing growth with debt.  At some point, the chickens come home to roost.  I have been hearing that my whole life.  

By carlberky - Jan. 10, 2019, 6:51 p.m.
Like Reply

"... what is more likely is that the  US citizen realizes more and more the big gov is not missed much."

mc, tell that to the millions of Americans living from pay check to pay check.

By mcfarm - Jan. 10, 2019, 8:07 p.m.
Like Reply

guess what carl, not one fed employee has missed a paycheck yet....get real or get off

By metmike - Jan. 10, 2019, 8:16 p.m.
Like Reply

"guess what carl, not one fed employee has missed a paycheck yet....get real or get off"

mcfarm,

You are out of line telling carl to get off. 

He's an intelligent gentleman that contributes greatly here and that comment showed you

to be intolerant in a disrespectful way,  of a view that disagrees with yours. 

If you want your points to be read seriously, they should come without inflammatory or threatening remarks.