Different thinking to fund a wall
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 14, 2019, 3:56 p.m.

I can't take credit for this idea as I read it, but found the idea interesting

Trrump should immediately end the shut down and then take his argument directly to the americiaan people

He should offer to sell Border Wall Bonds

As low as $25.00/ bond, so everybody who wants to participate can do so. No limit to the amount you want to purchase and pay a decent rate of interest on the coupon, say 5 %

Repaid over ten yrs with annual int paid every yr. That is 500 million/yr plus int on the declining balance or amortized, which ever works best.. If that breaks the bank then who is saying no to any offer.

If enough people agree with the wall then people will dig deep to fund the wall. For those who don't buy, well you are losing out on a 5% annual coupon, plus you are probably a never Trumper and will never agree to anything Trump does. Just a fact of our divided country

$25.00 will not break too many monthly budgets and if it does then you need every penny you can get. God bless you for trying to raise a family

You could sign up for $25.00/month or more.

Heck a lot of people make contributions to fund elections for more than that amount.

If a minimm of less than say 2 billion is not raised, [this amount can be debated, and if partially funded then a decision has to be made

If americians don't get behind the project then I guess that is what our country has become and no sense in beating a dead horse.

If the wall is not sufficiently funded then refunds are in order, plus interest in a trust fund so nobody loses any money. Surely the Federal gov't could agree to administer the fund and trust. The Dems already agreed to 1.2 billion, so I see no problem with administration costs.

There is precident in this plan. During both WW1 and WW11 war bonds and some other name for the other war, were sold to fund the effort

Those bonds were widely popular.

I suppose some sort of targets might be in order as we can't have this going on for ever, but also to give the idea an honest effort

Then it is up to Trump to sell the idea to the americian people. Nobody can say this is a Trump tantrum. This is a vote by the people as to what they want.

So lets see if enough people want a wall and end the gov't shut down

Comments
By TimNew - Jan. 15, 2019, 5:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Another idea I like.  Place a federal service charge on money wired from US to Mexico. Depending on the source, the amount ranges from 30-60+ billion per year. As little as 10% would pay for the wall in no time.