N. Korea - On 2nd thought
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - March 11, 2018, 10:47 a.m.

If a meeting happens, and I wouldn't bet on that, what can we get from N. Korea?  

Obviously no nukes would be wonderful, but that isn't going to happen.

Getting the Americans freed who are currently being held captive would be something.  

Moratorium on rocket testing would be something.

I'm not sure what the right answer is here.  Face to face with the POTUS is a big concession on Trump's part.  

Meanwhile, Tillerson is skeptical.  Was he even consulted?  Tariffs were announced without any process.

Muslim ban was announced without any planning or process.

Banning Transgenders in the military was announced without consulting the military (who shot it down).

As one WH staffer said:  "Every day is a new reality TV show."

But as a layman, I guess talking is better than not talking and if Trump can get something for giving Kim Jong un a photo op, then I guess I have to tip my cap to him.  Go Trump.

Comments
By TimNew - March 11, 2018, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Let's see what happens.  Kim is an even bigger liar than Trump,  but I think there is some potential good here.

By TimNew - March 11, 2018, 3:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Since I have never known a politician that did not lie,  your sweeping generalization insists on your total disdain of all of them

What, for example, would you think of a politician who said something like "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"?  Certainly one of the most significant lies by any politician in my memory. And that was one of many.  What sort of treachery would such a man be capable in your appropriately esteemed opinion?

By TimNew - March 11, 2018, 4:05 p.m.
Like Reply

You're the one that made an adolescent sweeping generalization that would apply to your beloved Obama as well as Trump and Kim. I merely put you in a position to own your words, and as always,  you deflected. 

Even you don't believe what you say.

By TimNew - March 11, 2018, 5:51 p.m.
Like Reply

The real question is, DID EVERYONE GET TO KEEP THEIR DOCTORS, and the answer is no, millions did not. I have good insurance.  The people who needed something like Obamacare got screwed. And those of us that could, paid for it.

But,  you continue to deflect.  Do you hate all liars? If so,  do you hate Obama?

Don't lie.

BTW, there is a big difference in scope when it comes to lies.  For example,  my answer to my wife's question, "Do these jeans make my ass look fat" is quite different in scale from "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"

By TimNew - March 11, 2018, 6:40 p.m.
Like Reply

That's what you say when you have nothing.  

Carry on.

By cliff-e - March 12, 2018, 9:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Yep. There has been a "second thought". Is it a good idea this time?

http://www.vox.com/2018/3/9/17100880/north-korea-republicans-right-conservatives-obama