Canada/china
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 19, 2019, 4 p.m.

Sorry for the barrage of posts but I was shut out of the forum

Ist my lap top messed up

And then my replacement Ipod would not accept the sign in procedure. But: All seems to be okay as of now.

So:

Why do I not see very much about the hostage taking of two canadians in china. The 3rd hostage is a criminal case involving alleged drug smuggling. The chinese have not supplied any information, in the alleged criminal case, so a person has nothing to make a decision. 1st it was 15 yrs in prison, but then they changed their mind and decided to impose the death penalty. One poster said china imposes the death penalty for criminal drug offenses. Certainly looks as if they do.

However, the taking of hostages, because we took into custody, a chinese person on canadian soil at the request of americian justice officials, seems a bit much. At least to canadians. What did our two Canadian hostages do, that involved jail or worse

Since we took this Chinese citizen into custody, at the request of American justice officials wishes, why is the americian media/people/officials not applying pressure on china in world opinion. The USA wanted to arrest this person for yrs but she avoided USA soil. This looks very much to Canadians that china is doing this hostage thing, to apply pressure to Canada and release the Chinese prisoner.

If our hostages are not released, you can be sure we will take a very hard look at any future request by the USA justice dept. Would you not agree if it puts our citizens at risk. Our countries do this as a routine measure for criminals, both ways, if they can be arressted but you have left us holding the bag. This will throw the entire criminal arresst procedure on both sides of the border into chaos

It looks to us as if we are in this mess by ourselves. I would think, due to the circumstances, we would see a lot more publicity about our canadian hostages

Or does anybody even know what I am talking about

I know it is canada and does the USA really care?? about anything outside the USA

I would hope so, but I don't see the evidence. 

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 19, 2019, 5 p.m.
Like Reply

"Sorry for the barrage of posts but I was shut out of the forum"

Bombard us with as many posts as you want Wayne!

Every one of them is welcome here!

By metmike - Jan. 19, 2019, 5:01 p.m.
Like Reply

You've started some especially good ones recently!

By wglassfo - Jan. 20, 2019, 8:50 a.m.
Like Reply

But

I notice: not one reply to my post

Is anybody interested that we did what you folks have been trying to do for yrs.                                                  You  had an arrest warrant for that lady for yrs             We did the dirty work                                                       Now china is playing hard ball with canadian human lives                                                                                        This is not some black ops

When we need your help                                                         We are left holding an empty bag                                       It is not as if we made a decision all on our own.         We did this to help you                                   

We need help

I always thought we could count on you folks when we did something together

Are you still angry about the dairy thing and now you act like Pelosie

I am very sure those Canadian hostages taken prisoner, for no reason that anybody knows, would like a bit of world opinion directed toward china

We have a travel advisory about tourists in china

I would venture a guess nobody even knows what I am talking about