The End Is Near
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Jan. 20, 2019, 8:13 a.m.

With every new question raised about the allegiances, motives and actions of Donald Trump in the first two years of his presidency, it is increasingly clear that the threats to the White House are following the pattern of those that gradually encircled Richard Nixon’s presidency.

Indeed it is striking how closely Nixon’s misdemeanors track those so frequently denied by Trump: the payment of hush money, the obstruction of justice, the suborning of perjury, the looming threat of impeachment and, enveloping the whole White House, the aroma of a cover-up.

Whether or not the BuzzFeed story about Michael Cohen and his testimony to Congress can actually support the fevered response it provoked, the fact is that the fired-up investigations by congressional committees under the control of Democrats will rip away two years of Republican obstruction and drive relentlessly toward the truth—independently of the Mueller investigation.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-follows-nixons-last-lines-of-defense-as-walls-close-in?ref=home

https://www.rawstory.com/

Comments
By TimNew - Jan. 20, 2019, 8:34 a.m.
Like Reply

This reads almost exactly like every similar article for the last 2+ years.  I guess it just never gets boring for some.

Remember that old grade school joke.  A two sided piece of paper with the words "How do you keep an idiot busy for hours?  See other side"  written on both sides.  Not sure what made me think of that...

By mojo - Jan. 20, 2019, 9:07 a.m.
Like Reply

I'm in no big hurry & don't care how long it takes. I'm thoroughly enjoying this show & have procured enough popcorn to last me until the bitter end.

By cutworm - Jan. 20, 2019, 9:39 a.m.
Like Reply

How much popcorn do you need for 6 more years?

By Lacey - Jan. 20, 2019, 11:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Well, your "raw story" intelligence just got totally discredited by Meuller himself. Yep, 6 more years.  Keep setting them up and taking them down Trump.

By mojo - Jan. 20, 2019, 12:02 p.m.
Like Reply

It's obvious that most Cult 45 members have totally detached themselves from the reality of the seriousness of Trump's predicament. It's quite amusing to see them delude themselves into thinking that all is well. But, by all means carry on, it's entertaining to watch.

By TimNew - Jan. 20, 2019, 12:58 p.m.
Like Reply

What's entertaining is watching you continue to take this serious.

"We want to be thorough" is code for we are looking everywhere for anything and will continue till we find something.