A rather pointless political post, but a link to an analysis I agree with
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by JP - Jan. 20, 2019, 7:51 p.m.

Well, I was trying to respond with an addition to my original post, but ended up editing it by mistake. Here is the original link to a post by Daniel Greenfield arguing that Elizabeth Warren is too unlikeable to win the Democratic Party Nomination for POTUS.

Sultan Knish

Here's what I intended to be a reply to my original post.

et tu, SNL?

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/01/snl-compares-elizabeth-warren-to-a-prostate-exam-so-bend-over-america-and-let-mama-warren-get-to-work/

Comments
By wglassfo - Jan. 20, 2019, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Not to nit pik your thoughts but it is your country so you should know a few things I don't

That Cortez lady is not old enough to be pres.

By JP - Jan. 20, 2019, 8:05 p.m.
Like Reply

"That Cortez lady is not old enough to be pres." Yeah -- and still, she has a better chance than Warren of being nominated. Sad.

(Truth be told I wasn't even thinking about Occasional Cortex's tender years when I originally posted, stating in that post (which was unintentionally altered due to my very own fubar) that even she had a better chance of being nominated than Warren. But as Wayne pointed out, she is too young to run in 2020.  It appears to me, however, that a 34 year old could run for POTUS as long as he/she turned 35 before the inauguration. I couldn't find a definitive answer on the web, but she will turn 35 just a few days before the 2024 presidential election. Now there's a scary thought.)

By metmike - Jan. 20, 2019, 8:50 p.m.
Like Reply

John,

Actually this is an excellent story and points, especially this one:

"Elizabeth Warren is Hillary Clinton reborn, and they’re both unlikable, because they’re both inauthentic scolds who suffer from hall monitor syndrome. They spent their entire lives breaking every rule they could find while awkwardly fantasizing about running every tiny detail of everyone else’s lives."

Warren damaged her credibility with the American Indian scandal, they made it much worse by trying to do some damage control to justify her dishonestly about using it.

If she had left it alone, I wouldn't have known enough about her to have an opinion but her confronting Trump and others about it, caused me to investigate and learn that she's a fraud.

With regards to likeability and charisma, this is near the top of needed qualities to become president.

No chance for Obama to have made it without this. Or Bill Clinton, and Ronald Reagan. This was THE most powerful part of the package they brought to the table.  John Kennedy made it on this vs Nixon.

I insisted, 2 years before the dems went with Clinton that there was no way they would make that mistake. She lost it  because of she lacked the likeability. 

If her husband had run again, he would have won easily...........even if he had the same platform as Hillary. Not because he's a man but because he has the personality. People on the voting fence or undecided will overlook alot of flaws if you have a good personality and the other person doesn't.

In the broadcast tv business, we used to say that "it's not what you say but how you say it that matters the most".

In the early mid 80's, when I was on tv, during election night, when the camera's were not on, the main anchors would cheer when results came in positive for the dems. Reagan was president...........the teflon president as they nicknamed him.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teflon%20president

When Reagan was doing an address to the nation one evening, I'll always remember our news director's(king of the liberal democrats) comments:

"How can you not like this guy!"  over and over he kept saying it.

By metmike - Jan. 20, 2019, 9:29 p.m.
Like Reply

So the dems made a massive blunder last time using the greatly flawed Clinton who did not have the personality to overcome her flaws.

You know how we all see the numerous negative adds before an election, with one candidate attacking his/her opponent?

Several points on this. 

1. These ads work to some extent or millions would not be spent on them. Much research confirms that.

2. They don't work as well if the candidate being attacked is likeable. You are much more likely to believe bad stuff about somebody if they are not likeable.............all other things being equal.

3. In the Fall of 2020, if Trump is the republican candidate, his opponent will have received many billions of dollars worth of free negative advertising against Trump from the mainstream media. That's what has been going on the past 2 years and will for another 2 years. CNN's negative coverage is almost around the clock and for sure 365 days a year. Heck, that number will add up to the trillions in value if you look at the time spent attacking Trump.

Make no mistake, it's working. Note the latest incident with the teenager wearing a MEGA hat and how riled up it got people and caused them to hate a teenager who they know nothing about really.

They have hatred for anybody wearing that hat........even kids. 

Bozo the clown could run on the dem ticket in 2020 and get a record amount of "never the other person running" votes.  This is very personal for millions. 

What the dems need(especially since they really don't have a message, except to stop Trump) is somebody that is fairly likeable, without any negatives that people will vote for just because they are running against Trump.

In 2016, alot of dems that disliked Trump, still did not vote for Clinton because they also disliked her and they just stayed home.

Run somebody that has few negatives, even if they have no substance and maximize the 4 years of trillions of dollars worth of mainstream media negative reporting at the voting booth.