2020 worry?
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by pj - Jan. 28, 2019, 8:41 p.m.

Maybe should be in NTR?

With the announced Dem presidential candidates seemingly trying to outdo each other with how may freebies they want to give away, how they want to raise taxes on the rich, income, cap gains, even a on wealth plus corporate taxes, wondering  (even though the election is still 19+ mos away) whether the the stock market isn't already beginning to worry about the possibility of a Dem victory, maybe plus the Dems taking back the Senate?

Could Howard Schultz running siphon off enough Dem votes to save the Pubs?

Comments
Re: 2020 worry?
0 likes
By joj - Jan. 29, 2019, 12:42 a.m.
Like Reply

It's 80% NTR, but your point is well taken.

Even if Dems have the WH, Senate and House, I don't think they get most of that wish list.  

But I've been rather jolted by some conversations with my 20 something nephews and nieces.  They not only want the freebies, but they think 100% markups on items are immoral.  I said, "It's a free country.  Step up to the plate and compete with lower margins."  This is what happens to disgruntled youth who can't do better than $15/hr I guess.

An independent candidate is Trump's best lane to winning.  His approval rating is pretty low, but his base is loyal.

By TimNew - Jan. 29, 2019, 6 a.m.
Like Reply

As I've said,  the dems offer a platform that consists mainly of "I am going to raise your taxes and I hate Trump".

That will certainly appeal to some,  but I wonder if it will be enough?

We hire entry level programmers regularly at 50k+ and if they do a decent job, they advance rapidly. If you have  a work ethic and skills people want, it's easy to make more than 15/hour.

By Richard - Jan. 29, 2019, 7:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Starting this summer and going into nov 2020, politics in the US are going to get nasty.