Quote of the Day February 7, 2019
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 7, 2019, 2:29 a.m.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way — in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only. ~ Charles Dickens in A Tale of Two Cities (born 7 February 1812)

Comments
By TimNew - Feb. 7, 2019, 3:24 a.m.
Like Reply

My paternal grandmother insisted that Dickens was an ancestor of ours.  She was convinced enough to give my father "Dickens" as a middle name.  My sister did the research and it turns out there is some sort of loose connection, by marriage of some sort.  

But I suppose I have closer ties to Dickens than Warren has to Native Americans.

{Gawd, I just can't help myself <G>}

By metmike - Feb. 7, 2019, 3:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Elizabeth Warren's Native American problem just got even worse

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/elizabeth-warren-native-american/index.html

"On Tuesday, Warren's claims took a major hit: The Washington Post reported on a Texas bar registration cardfrom 1986 in which, clearly and apparently in her own hand, the Massachusetts Democrat had written "American Indian" when asked to identify her race."

Her response is that she was not a member of a tribe.

'An apology from the heart': Sen. Elizabeth Warren sorry for identifying as Native American

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/07/elizabeth-warren-apology-native-american-identification/2799395002/

She got busted lying about her heritage for at least the previous 30+ years, clearly for a reason. Then she takes a DNA test which shows that she is something like 99.9% NOT Native American and tries to turn it into a narrative of proving she really is American Indian..............as if she always knew about that person 10 generations ago, who was in her family tree.

But it backfires because people aren't dumb enough to fall for it.....especially American Indians who are outraged.

Now it's all about damage control.

If it happened one time 30 years ago..........ok, fine. We get it, you're sorry.

But as recently as last year, she was trying to manipulate the interpretation of the results of a DNA test to prove she was right all this time. That's not being sorry.

She only got sorry when all of her damage control efforts backfired and then she was sorry..........not for being a fraud but because that's the position of last resort when the damage control fails and you are just flat out busted, then busted for trying to justify the thing that you are busted for in the first place.

By TimNew - Feb. 8, 2019, 3:41 a.m.
Like Reply

I read about that yesterday, hence, my post.

Guess any plausible deniability over the "heritage issue" and whether she used it to further her career is no longer up for discussion.