Campaign finance conundrum.
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by cliff-e - Feb. 8, 2019, 5:27 p.m.
Comments
By lar - Feb. 9, 2019, 6:34 a.m.
Like Reply

This whole family has perpetual behaviors  that RICO was designed for. Organized crime by design... and by birthright, for greed and money. It’s a symptom of unbridled capitalism and the corruption of extreme excesses. It’s why the USA is an oligarchy rather than a democracy.

I remember seeing some ten page list from the right of supposed crooked killings the Clintons caused. And the Bengazi investigation which  lasted years. No corroboration supported wrong doing. No guilt in federal criminal activities ever found. If the Clintons were so bad but never found guilty of crime what should the world think if the current US “administration” is found guilty of a plethora of crimes. There is already a whole host of people guilty or on their way to prison from this president’s orbit. 

Deference is sometimes given the office of President. I don’t think that will be the case though as more and more of these crimes demonstrate a long history of criminality and cover ups. The non profit abuses alone indicate long time exploitation and criminal intent for greed.

I’m looking forward to the only presidential tax returns in our lifetime that were not voluntarily offered come to light. I remember campaign promises about them being released voluntarily after some complicated non existent audit was completed.

I suspect there are just too many irregularities and liabilities for 45 to ever want his tax returns scrutinized. I think those returns will paint a financial picture of RICO offenses like none we’ve ever seen. This president is no victim... he is a predator. 

By TimNew - Feb. 9, 2019, 7:41 a.m.
Like Reply

In our legal system, "Not being Convicted" does not = "Innocent", yet you use that argument to support your conviction that the Clinton's are innocent.  By extension, Dillinger was also innocent of everything but tax evasion. Funny thing.  A lot of people associated with Dillinger also met with untimely and/or unfortunate ends. 

And you go on to alleged abuses of charitable organizations by the Trumps in the same paragraph  where you exonerate the Clintons? Wow..   And lets skate over the known crimes committed by Hillary, but not prosecuted due to some convoluted definition of intent.

Trump's tax returns will be useless beyond some cherry picking by some reporters with an agenda that will be similar to the "Dancing Horse" nonsense from the Romney returns.  But you can rest assured that if Trump engaged in illegal, or even suspicious activities, his tax attorneys and accountants certainly kept any suggestion of such out of the returns.

So far, there are no convictions of Trump associates that are directly associated with Trump or the campaign and the vast majority of the indictments were created by the investigation in the form or "Perjury". "Ciimes" that did not exist when the "investigation" was launched.

There is some possibility that Trump may be found in the wrong in a few instances, being one of the most vetted individuals in the history of our Republic (Neither Oligarchy nor Democracy), but I suspect Mueller's findings will be extremely underwhelming.  Yet in 5  years, I'll still be convinced that the Clintons are guilty of many serious crimes and you'll be convinced of the same for the Trumps. The difference is,  I'll be right.

By mcfarm - Feb. 9, 2019, 10:40 a.m.
Like Reply

It would seem really difficult to portray the USA as having oligarchy. Do you even know what the definition is? If you in fact have an oligarchy by definition that means a very few rule. And that mean by definition to ones investigating would soon lose their heads. Silly, partisan, and untrue way of explaining anything that pertains to our way government. But go right ahead, full steam and that green new deal will gain momentum.