SP thoughts
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by lar - Feb. 17, 2019, 10:12 a.m.

I’d imagine this is an excellent time for the indices to bull.

The SnP has been “not bullish” about 2 months but has not really been acting bearish either. Maybe this market has digested its signfcant gains, culled enough losers and added enough winners to resume its upward bias.

People who dollar cost average stock/bond portfolios, their portfolios increase even more strongly with market decline then resurgence.

In an absence of a huge lightning strike market event, I am now expecting the SP to resume its upward bias. Confidence returns and corporate tax change impact will secure increasing corporate profits. Reduced EPA requirements make better corporate profits.  Better corporate performance encourages increased investments. So, this might also be an interesting time to take a look at the spreads between the indices and alternate big money destinations like silver or gold.

These markets have alway been an excellent engine for those with disposable incomes to acquire greater assets and financial strength. A lot of people have built their financial  dream with this mechanism. I love the idea of making money with money - I’ve made and lost a lot of it learning to trade and I’ll probably consider myself a trader at heart even if I never put another trade on.

The doomsday scenario has not played out yet so it’s probably about time for the juggernaut to resume.

Someday, NTR I’d like us to talk about the other side of the equation.

http://fortune.com/2019/02/14/amazon-doesnt-pay-federal-taxes-2019/

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 17, 2019, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

lar,

If it's ok with you, I moved this post here, to the Trading Forum.

Re: SP thoughts
0 likes
By silverspiker - Feb. 18, 2019, 5:13 p.m.
Like Reply

... maybe see 3 closes above 2825.00 for a bullish momentum ?...

... H- March S&P getting into some resistance areas soon on upside

... am wondering if it is going to form an inverted head

&  shoulders with a 2825.00 neckline ???....