I’ll give Trump his due.
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarmer - Feb. 26, 2019, 8:54 p.m.

If he can get North Korea into some sort of deal to join civilized society I’ll be one of the first to take my hat off to him. At least for that.

North Korea will most likely always have nuclear weapons, but I’m no more concerned with them using one than India, Pakistan or Israel. So I guess we will live with them.

I see Vietnam told Kim to embrace the US, look what it did for them. If he can pull off a deal with North Korea he may well deserve a Peace Prize. I’ve never felt President Obama earned his.

There never let it be said.

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 26, 2019, 10:48 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarmer,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this and being objective. I applaud you for doing so.

However(and this is in general, not just you) recognizing a positive outcome as a result of something that Trump did doesn't have to be like taking a dose of nasty tasting medicine. 

I'll bet that CNN has given Trump some kudo's a few times for something. I just can't remember it in the many hours of watching them. 

The saddest thing is that we have a lot of people wishing for Trump to fail at everything because they hate him.............even though failing also means bad news for our country most of the time. 

By TimNew - Feb. 27, 2019, 3:40 a.m.
Like Reply

In spite of Trump's crass and unpresidential demeanor, there is a long list of accomplishments to his credit.

And in spite of the constant barrage of negative media coverage, his approval numbers appear to be improving, indicating that more voters are realizing this. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

By cliff-e - Feb. 27, 2019, 6:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Perhaps Kim is waiting to cut a deal with President Pence?

Perhaps Kim is "laying in the weeds" and just stringing us along until 2021?

Kim does, after all, have the backing of Communist Bloc countries and might just be sitting on his hands for now.

Meanwhile we'll just sit back and watch the sideshow the two "frenemies" put on. Pass the popcorn.

By mcfarm - Feb. 27, 2019, 7:15 a.m.
Like Reply

pretty impressive farm poll out yesterday...in spite of everything famers are up to 78% approval on Trump numbers

By mcfarmer - Feb. 27, 2019, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

“The saddest thing is that we have a lot of people wishing for Trump to fail at everything because they hate him.............even though failing also means bad news for our country most of the time. “

While I’m sure you are not insinuating I promote politics over country, I guess eight years of that type of thinking has an effect.

By metmike - Feb. 27, 2019, 10:35 a.m.
Like Reply

"I’m sure you are not insinuating I promote politics over country"

You are correct. I don't think of you that way and your post to start this thread is evidence that you are not this way. 

By cliff-e - Feb. 28, 2019, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

No deal. Predictable. Hard to say what really happened but 45 left early to return to the ever growing dumpster fire back home.

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-abruptly-leaves-kim-jong-un-summit-without-deal-092216721.html

By mcfarm - Feb. 28, 2019, 8:26 a.m.
Like Reply

not hard to tell what happened at all. the NK's asked for way too much relief and Trump walked for now. They will be back at the table with a good deal...not just a deal

By TimNew - Feb. 28, 2019, 8:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Kim wanted all sanctions lifted.  Too soon for that.

By cliff-e - Feb. 28, 2019, 9:43 a.m.
Like Reply

45 said North Korea could become an "economic powerhouse" or something to that effect. Sanctions are obviously restrictive to that ever becoming a reality and both sides know it.

This Summit was obviously a dog and pony show between 2 "frenemy actors" who know full well they'll never accomplish anything but get media coverage. 

It'll be a waiting game to see how hot the WH dumpster fire burns and who it takes out. Then meaningful negotiations can commence in both trade and peace/disarmament agreements.

By mcfarm - Feb. 28, 2019, 11:22 a.m.
Like Reply

get hot? as long as NK is under the thumb of china {which is way longer than his lifetime} its not going to get hot

By mcfarmer - Feb. 28, 2019, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

“get hot? as long as NK is under the thumb of china {which is way longer than his lifetime} its not going to get hot”

Wait, what ?

By mcfarm - Feb. 28, 2019, 2:06 p.m.
Like Reply

and wait, what? you do not know NK is under the thumb of china?