Quotes of the day March 2, 2019
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 2, 2019, 5:06 p.m.

From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere. ~ Dr. Seuss (born 2 March 1904)

I'm telling you this 'cause you're one of my friends.
My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends!
… So, on beyond Z!
It's high time you were shown
That you really don't know
All there is to be known.

~ Dr. Seuss ~

It’s a troublesome world. All the people who're in it
are troubled with troubles almost every minute.
You oughta be thankful, a whole heaping lot,
For the places and people you're lucky you're not!.
~ Dr. Seuss ~

Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age. Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It's more than just a matter of laughing. If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.
~ Dr. Seuss ~

In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these. ~ Paul Harvey

Comments
By carlberky - March 2, 2019, 6:13 p.m.
Like Reply

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
 You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

With your head full of brains, and your shoes full of feet,
 You're too smart to go down any not-so-good-street.

Out there things can happen, and frequently do,
 To people as brainy and footsy as you. 

And when things start to happen, don't worry, don't stew.
 Just go right along, you'll start happening too!

Dr. Seuss 

" we didn't come this far because we are made of sugar candy. Once upon a time, we elbowed our way onto and into this continent by giving smallpox-infected blankets to Native Americans. Yes, that was biological warfare. And we used every other weapon we could get our hands on, to grab this land from whomever, and we grew prosperous. And yes, we greased the skids with the sweat of slaves.
 And so it goes with most great nation-states, which feeling guilty about their savage pasts, eventually civilize themselves out of business, and wind up invaded and ultimately dominated by the lean, hungry, up-and-coming who are not made of sugar candy."

Paul Harvey 

By metmike - March 2, 2019, 9:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Excellento!